“Fantastic hotel, and the 222 is fabulous”

The Landmark London
Ranked #50 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently stayed in the Landmark for 2 nights and it truly is a wonderful hotel. The room was huge, extremely comfortable, clean and luxurious. The staff are a real asset to the hotel as they are so helpful and friendly. One of the concierge's was simply excellent in helping me with the parking facilities available (apologies i can't remember his name). The food was fantastic, with a huge range. Special mention to the Bircher Mousli, which you don't find anywhere, but they had it at The Landmark and it was exceptional.

For me, the best thing about the Landmark is the 222 Bar/Restaurant. I live in the Middle East and the 222 really was a taste of home for me. The interior decor is a like a posher "old man's pub" with a real fire, real armchairs you can sink into and relax, and a real homely, English feel about it. The staff were simply excellent, very attentive and friendly. I took a friend there for her birthday lunch and they bought out a cake espcially for her, which i hadn't pre-arranged etc, i just happened to mention it was her birthday when the waiter was chatting to us. First class service. The food was exceptional, especially the Thai Green Curry and the choclate fondant which i had several times!!! I was catching up with several groups of friends during my few days in London and ended up bringing them all to the 222 as it was only slightly more expensive that the average London pub, but a world away in terms of atmosphere, decor and homliness. 10 out of 10 for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel on this website.

I was genuinely so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that our team were able to create such a memorable experience for you during your 2 night visit. Thank you for your feedback regarding our Concierge team, which I have personally passed on to them.

Thank you also for your comments regarding our fabulous 222 restaurant. We are very proud of the food our dedicated team of chefs prepare, and the service provided by our team, and I am so glad that you and your friends enjoyed it so much.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London for another stay, or indeed another visit to the 222.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,025)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a weekend spent at The Landmark which was a wonderful relaxing experience. I got a good rate on Lastminute - made even better by being offered a room upgrade on arrival. I'm lucky enough to have stayed in a number of London's 5 star hotels in the past but this was my first time at The Landmark, and I very much doubt my last. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms immaculate, but if was the staff who really made the difference here. Everywhere we were treated by attentive, professional, seemingly dedicated staff who without doubt contributed to making this stay a true pleasure. We can’t wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website, following your first stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with us so much, and indeed that our team were able to make your time here that bit more memorable. It is such a pleasure for me to read about our team surprising and delighting our guests, and making the difference during their visits.

I hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, so our team can once again create a memorable experience for you both.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.
Rooms very comfortable.
Had our 25th anniversary family dinner at the 222 Restaurant. Again very friendly people.
Seems chef can't handle groups of 8 people. Steak order messed up. One person had their steak delivered after the rest had finished. Same person didn't get their steak sauce until after they had finished the steak. The Restaurant maanger compensated with free desserts and drinks. The Duty Manager compensated with free drinks as well. So service from staff lovely and very apologetic. Food was good though!

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alan J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent celebratory stay.

Firstly, please allow me to extend my congratulations on behalf of the hotel for your milestone anniversary. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be comfortable, and that the team were able to make your celebration that bit more memorable.

I was disappointed to read, however, that your meal did not meet your expectations, and I would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. I have passed your feedback on to our team of chefs for their review and immediate action, however I was pleased to read that our front of house team were able to make your experience a little more pleasant.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, and indeed restore your faith in us.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I must confess , we now only stay at the Landmark when in London. This stay was very special.
We were in town for my daughters 21st birthday shopping trip. Anastasia Schneider handled our booking and upgraded us to a Marylebone Studio, which was perfect. I love the size of the rooms at the Landmark, probably the biggest in London. Wonderful Bathrooms with powerful water supply, important! We checked in early and that was no problem. In fact, nothing was a problem at all. We now consider the Landmark our London home from home. Thank you Landmark, and everyone who works there for an excellent stay. Even our car was valeted!

Room Tip: The rooms that face into the Winter garden are very quiet. We tend to like ones near the back as the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I was so pleased to read that your stay with us was memorable, and in particular that Anastasia was able to make this celebration so enjoyable for you all. It was my pleasure to pass your feedback on to her.

It is such a delight for me to read that our guests choose only to stay with us, and make our hotel their home away from home each and every time they stay. I am glad that you find our hotel so convenient, and that our team are able to constantly exceed your expectations.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to your home away from home very shortly.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just stayed at the landmark for 2 nights, had a great time as usual . I have already booked my Christmas break there . Service was excellent and the rooms where very comfortable and large ,the pool was a perfect temperature for a relaxing swim . Best hotel in London, a true 5 star experience .

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on this website, following your recent two night stay.

I was delighted to read that, as a regular guest of our hotel, your most recent visit was as memorable as all the others. I am pleased that the service you received exceeded your expectations, and that you enjoyed the wonderful facilities of our Health Club & Spa.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London for your next visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here one night and booked on Trivago. Got a reasonable rate including breakfast (but only Continental, as we were advised on check in!) Checked with the hotel regarding valet parking and was told it was £30, fairly reasonable for London. However, the email did say, which I either didn't read or didn't believe, that it was on a first come first park basis! This is not five star service. If your car park is too small, you arrange with a local NCP like every other five star in London to park your customers car there. You do not tell your guests that it is full and they have to drive down the road to park. Miraculously, after some disbelieving comments from my husband, a space was found and the car parked.

We were checked in and pointed in the direction of the lifts. Our room was on the 1st floor and whilst seemed to be great on first appearances, it was soon apparent that there was no outside window and in fact the view was of the suite next doors balcony. A little odd! The room itself was OK. Smallish with a reasonable sized bathroom with bath and separate shower. The products (Molten Brown) were lovely as always and the TV and mini bar normal for this style of Hotel.

We ate elsewhere for the evening but returned with full intention of having a nightcap in The Mirror Bar. We have been there before whilst waiting for a train from Marylebone and it has always been a tranquil and classy kind of place. I am guessing that Friday night and the clear lack of staff made this completely the opposite. The atmosphere was quite odd and a little frantic. All of the tables were taken so we sat at the bar. We asked the girl behind the bar if they had any Patron Coffee Tequila. This is a lovely drink, sipped over ice and not your usual "Slammer" type Tequila. She asked the head bar man and the look on his face suggested we had ordered 20 tequila shots served of the body of a naked man! He was so rude and dismissive with us, I felt really uncomfortable. His attitude was appalling. He may have been busy but there is no need to make two forty something's feel like drunken yobs. We left and would rather go to the pub across the road next time we have to wait for a train!

Sleep was disturbed by a rather noisy air conditioning unit, which had to be on as there was no outside window and when we did actually get to sleep we were woken by children running up and down the corridor being shouted at by a parent to "slow down". So much for "Do Not Disturb" on the door!

Breakfast was fine and we were told we could have the full English Buffet for £4 which isn't too bad. The waitress forgot the toast but it came eventually.

I don't think I will rush back as the Valet Parking and the Incredibly Rude Bar Man would put me off. But the rooms are OK and breakfast was edible.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richandjaney
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on this website, following your recent one night stay.

I was naturally disappointed to read that you left our hotel somewhat disillusioned with your overall experience, and would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I am sorry that you were initially unable to park in our underground car park – due to limited space unfortunately it is used on a first come first served basis, however our team are always on hand to guide our guests to the next closest car park, which is approximately 3 minutes’ walk from our hotel. However, if this was not communicated properly, I do apologise.

I was also most concerned to learn of your experience in our Mirror Bar. Our team are here to ensure all our guests’ expectations are not only met, but consistently exceeded, and I am deeply sorry that on this occasion we were unable to do so. Please be assured that your feedback has not been taken lightly, and has been passed on to the relevant departmental manager to take action as a matter of urgency.

Please do accept my most sincere apologies for not having been able to contribute to a more memorable experience for you both. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do feel free to contact me directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, to prove to you the standards of service our guests have come to expect here, and indeed restore your faith in us.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went only for the tea and were delighted with it. The best thing was that we were not rushed. We arrived at 6 and left at 6.15 - there were no second sittings waiting to have our table. (On weekdays tea finishes at 5 but on Saturdays at 6.) The atmosphere was calm, slightly buzzy; the room elegantly lit with lights shining up the palm trees. The piano played softly, occasionally breaking into Happy Birthday - but again, softly. We were celebrating a birthday ourselves and appreciated the (softly) singing waiter and the little candle-topped chocolate cake.

There is a choice of two teas, a standard one (£40 pp) and a chocolate one (£42 pp). For two of us the chocolate one had the more attractive sounding cakes but no one wanted chocolate chip scones - no problem we were given the apple and raisin and plain ones from the standard tea. Champagne was £5 a glass. It was excellent and the waiter allowed us time to drink it before offering to bring the sandwiches. They were so fabulous we ate too many - because you can! they keep coming until you are ready for scones and cake. We had cucumber, thick smoked salmon, chicken and tarragon, and egg and cress. Then scones, clotted cream, jam and lemon curd. Then delicious cakes - 4 each. believe me it's enough even if you do take 3 hours to eat it.

It's a lot to pay for tea but not a lot for a great experience in a beautiful room with friendly and attentive waiters. I'd celebrate there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent Afternoon Tea on this website.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us, and that our team made you feel so at home. It is always pleasing to read when our guests’ time with us is so pleasant, and indeed particularly when our team have contributed to it being so memorable.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the choice of sandwiches and cakes so much, and it will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to our dedicated team of chefs.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, perhaps for another Afternoon Tea, or indeed for an overnight stay.