“Lovely hotel, great service”

The Landmark London
Ranked #52 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed for one night, and the service and rooms are everything you would expect from a hotel of this standard.
Reception and bar staff where really helpful and friendly. On top of my list of places to stay in London.

Room Tip: They are probably all good!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us.

I am of course delighted that you had such a memorable stay, and enjoyed the comfort of our luxurious guest rooms. I am very happy you spent such a lovely time with us, and do hope that this will be one of many to come.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London in the very near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Arrived 1.30pm and told room not ready - that reception would call us. Don't believe they did.

Reserved an executive room and confirmed that our room on sixth floor was executive both at check in and check out. It could not have been because no sofa and separate shower. Anastasia at reception sorted this very professionally but did mention it was a source of some confusion. This was s shame.

Room and hotel very comfortable and spotlessley clean. Door and cleaning staff very polite and most of reception!

No newspaper when ordered.

Could not be a better location for Wembley and further afield.

Would stay again but would check exactly what getting first.

Room Tip: check what floor and type you are on.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am glad that, in general, you seemed to have a pleasant stay with us. In particular, your comments about our staff are a delight to hear as they work hard to ensure that the time our guests choose to spend with us is comfortable and relaxing.

However, we were naturally disappointed that you seemed to experience some issues during your stay with us. We have taken on board your feedback with regards to the description of our Executive Rooms, and will take this into consideration for future marketing purposes. I do apologise that this was the cause of some frustration.

Even more disappointing to read was also that you did not receive a newspaper in the morning, even after requesting one upon check-in. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of our Concierge team, and rest assured that the appropriate action will be taken.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We normally stay at one of the “chain” hotels when we visit London but decided to treat ourselves to a luxury hotel – we were not disappointed. Our 3 night stay at the Landmark was superb. When we arrived at the hotel the friendly doorman greeted us and took our luggage and as we entered the hotel lobby the grandeur and view through to the large atrium was wonderful. At check in we were given the keys to our room (no cards here) and were then escorted to our room.

Our spacious room overlooked the magnificent Winter Garden restaurant; it was spotlessly clean, smelt fresh with exquisite décor and very comfortable furniture and bed. The bathroom (by London hotel standards) was incredibly large with lots of fluffy white towels. We found all staff friendly, helpful and efficient, any requests we made were actioned immediately. We had buffet breakfast on 2 days which had a wide selection, but we particularly enjoyed breakfast on the Monday where we ordered from our table. My freshly prepared Eggs Benedict were the best ever.

The location of the hotel is also excellent for getting around London and we visited The Shard, museums, theatre and exhibitions all with no transport problems. We have been spoilt by the service and attention given to us at the Landmark and look forward to returning.

1  Thank LoveTravelling49

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time spent with us, and in particular that our team were able to make this experience a memorable one for you. I am glad you enjoyed the sumptuous breakfast our stunning Winter Garden has to offer, and that you found our guest rooms to be comfortable for your stay.

I do hope that we will indeed have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was not impressed with this hotel. The front desk staff are nice enough, but not super friendly. When I checked into my room on the 5th floor, the room was huge and I was impressed until I sat there for a moment. The room smelled of stale smoke. I thought I could get used to it, but after an hour I could still smell it. I checked out the windows to see if I could open them and the curtains smelled of smoke. I called the front desk to switch rooms. They offered to freshen it up for me, but I told them that would only make it worse, smell on top of smell. When the bellman came and got me he told me that the 5th floor is a non-smoking floor. I was switched to a smaller room, but at least it didn't smell.

Breakfast was inclued with my package. The area for breakfast is so small that people were waiting in line just to get a seat. And the breakfast area is right in the middle of the hotel. Overall the food was just a buffet, but I could pay more for something hot. The service wasn't that great either. I was pretty much done when someone came and offered me some coffee.

The location is ok. The tube, train and bus is right outside the back enterance.

I have stayed in better in London.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this website, following your recent visit to our hotel.

I am deeply sorry that you seem not to have enjoyed your experience with us, and that you feel that the breakfast served did not represent good value for money.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you. Should you wish to do so, please do contact me directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Paying 15 pounds to get 24 hours poor quality wifi or 5 pounds an hour in the lobby is unacceptable. Food served in rooms is a bad and expensive. Not worth it at all.
in paris you have Crillon or Meurice with 3 stars michelin restaurants and palace level of quality.
When i pay 400 pounds per night free wifi and good food is a minimum i expect.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mtopolov
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I am deeply sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations. We normally pride ourselves on the high standards of service we provide to our guests, however I do apologise for the any inconvenience caused during your stay.

I would be happy to discuss this in more detail with you. Should you wish, please do feel free to contact me directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk.

Thank you for leaving your feedback, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This review is so late, however as I had such a lovely experience I felt that it was important to write the review! My boyfriend booked the Sunday brunch and one night stay over for my 25th Birthday. We have previously stayed here before for my boyfriend’s birthday as we love this hotel.

· The room was really lovely, spacious and the hotel had gone to efforts for my birthday including flowers, a chocolate display and card in the room for my birthday. Our room was facing the winter garden which was really lovely. I always enjoy the service provided at the hotel as it is very attentive.

· On Sunday we decided to skip breakfast in order to stomach the Sunday brunch which was delicious. We were seated promptly, there was free flowing champagne which was lovely and not the cheap overtly carbonated type! There was a massive selection of food, including breakfast, Sunday roasts, fish pie, pasta, cold cuts, some sushi, salad, cold seafood. The dessert stand was incredibly, and there was also a chocolate fountain!

· There is live music ( piano and harp) whilst you eat which is really lovely, and at the end they play a happy birthday song as most people book for the brunch for a special occasion ( @ 80GBP pp). in all a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Sunday Brunch on this site.

I am delighted that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your special celebration with us, and that our Sunday Brunch was the perfect way to mark the occasion. Our team of chefs will be only too pleased to receive your kind words, as they work hard to ensure each and every week we have only the highest quality offering for our guests.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, perhaps for another Sunday Brunch, or even another overnight stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to the Landmark London for afternoon tea for the first time on the 22nd of June and I have to say, it was one of the best afternoon teas I've had in a very long time. First the winter garden restaurant is a great place to have tea wit the nice palm trees. The sandwiches were good but nothing out of the ordinary. The different teas they serve are just amazing.They have different blends that I had never heard of before...But the best part was DEFINITELY the pastries...my husband and I each took a different selection of desserts (normal and chocolate)...each and every pasty was amazing...great attention to detail and delicious desserts such as macaroons topped with mango mousse, spicy chocolate brûlée, fruit cake and peanut butter tarts...These amazing desserts and the gorgeous restaurant and palm trees definitely made it worth the money that we spent. Would probably go there every weekend if I had the chance to!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write about your Afternoon Tea experience with us on this site.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea and, in particular, our delicious pastries and our unique setting.

Your feedback is indeed very much appreciated, so thank you for going to the trouble of sharing your thoughts with us.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for another Afternoon Tea, a possible future stay, or even just for a visit.