“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #49 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Normally I don't write reviews anywhere but I figured this hotel deserves it. Arrived last week to the Landmark, the atrium is splendorous and my check-in went smoothly, afterwards a lovely Portuguese young lady , Caterina ( I think that's her name ) escorted me to the room and also proposed to show me around the hotel but since I had just arrived from the US I refused. When we got the room the keys wouldn't work so she called reception for new keys to be brought up, nothing would work and I was moved to another room later on, the room was luxurious, with plenty of space and the wait was definitely worth it. So I would like to say thank you to Caterina for making me company and solving the problem as soon as possible! All staff was extremely helpful and efficient! Will definitely come back when I am in London again :)

Room Tip: Atrium view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments on this website following your recent stay.

I am delighted that our team, and in particular Catarina, were able to contribute to a thoroughly enjoyable stay. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with her, and the rest of our teams.

I am very sorry that there were some initial issues with entering your guest room, and would like to assure you that this was rectified when brought to our attention. However, I am glad that Catarina was there to assist, and able to make you feel at home.

Thank you once again for leaving such positive feedback, particularly in light of the fact that this is not something, as you say, that you would normally do. Your comments are very helpful to us, and much appreciated.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this hotel a few times, it's just lovely. I was treated by my friend to a champaign afternoon tea, it was delicious. Staff very helpful. As I'm a fussy eater, there was only one type of sandwich out of a generous selection I liked. The waitress very kindly organised more for me , sipping champaign in lovely surroundings. Highly recommend this.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on this website following your recent visit for Afternoon Tea.

I am so pleased that you and your friend enjoyed our lovely Afternoon Tea, in the unique setting of our stunning Winter Garden. I am glad that our team were able to make your experience even more enjoyable, and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, either for another delicious Afternoon Tea, or perhaps for an overnight stay.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked this hotel on Hotwire so I was not too sure what I was going to get. Over all I was satisfied with the one night stay while in London.

Front Desk was very friendly and the bellman helped my find the closest Underground Station. The Rooms were quite dated and could use a little refresh. They did have an American outlet which was very helpful. The bed was comfortable and the tv had about 30 decent options. The bathroom was small but adequate, nice linen and terry.

I did not eat at the hotel so I can not rate that aspect. I did utilize the gym and it was a great space. New Cardio equipment by TechnoGym. They also have a nice pool. I thought I was going to have to pay 10 pounds a day but it didn't show up on my bill.

My room looked into the inner Atrium of the hotel which is kind of strange. Room smelled like chemicals which was kind of disappointing.

I would stay here again but not for the prices they charge on the website. This was a decent find on Hotwire!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on this site following your recent stay.

I am pleased that overall you seemed to enjoy your stay, and that our team were able to contribute to a memorable experience for you. I am particularly glad that you were able to make use of our newly-refurbished gym and luxurious Spa area, and that all aspects of your guest room met your expectations.

I am somewhat concerned however that your room had an unpleasant odour, and would like to have a few more details if possible. I would be very grateful if you would email me at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk, with the room number that you stayed in, and I will be able to have our teams look into this matter further.

Overall, I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasurable one, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed at the Landmark Hotel as a 40th birthday surprise for my wife, and wow, was she astounded as soon as she walked into reception. We got to the Hotel before we could officially check in, but reception said they could keep hold of our luggage until 3 o' clock or for a £30 upgrade to a better room, we could gat a room there and then, reception actually took us on a tour before taking us to our room. Room was excellent with marbled bathroom, only issue i need to raise was that after we went to theatre in evening, we returned to hotel and enquired about having a meal, we were told that they were only serving light snacks in the Winter Gardens, which we were happy with, my wife and I asked for the steak from the menu, mine to be medium to well done and my wife's steak to be well done, when meal was given to us, my steak which was requested medium to well done was bloody and my wife who asked for well done was pink, both had to be returned to kitchen, the chips which were a side order were left on our table and were cold when the steaks were returned and no apology. I could not fault front of house.... excellent service here......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your comments on this site following your recent visit to celebrate your wife’s birthday.

I am so pleased that you chose to spend such a special occasion with us, and that our team were able to make your experience that bit more memorable. I am delighted that the Front of House team were able to take care of your every need, and that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious guest room.

I am, however, concerned to learn of your experience in our Winter Garden. Please be assured that this is not indicative in any way of our usual high standards, and I have asked that the kitchen team investigate further. I am deeply sorry if this in any way had a negative impact on what should have been a wonderful stay.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, perhaps for another special occasion.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I went here for a breakfast networking event with work, so I wasn't paying myself, but still worth a review.

We were in the tower suite which overlooked the atrium and had a big skylight through which you could see the tower which made the room very light and airy too.

Breakfast was excellent, I had the smoked salmon with scrambled eggs, portion was very generous especially of the salmon. The rest of the spread on the table was of the highest quality as you would expect too, pain au chocolat was as good as you would get from a bakery in france and the muffins were chocolatey and moist too.

Service was spot on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on this site, following your recent visit to a meeting hosted at our hotel.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the food offering that accompanied your meeting – I will pass your comments on with pleasure to our team of Chefs. I am glad that the Tower Suite was able to play host to you on this occasion – a unique meeting space with plenty of natural light, which does indeed make all the difference.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, perhaps for another networking event, or even to stay an evening.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 13, 2013

4 of us got a "family" room at the Landmark on our last night in London. (Prior we had rented a fabulous flat through One Fine Stay) What a remarkable hotel with excellent staff and service. When we booked the room they asked if it was a special occasion. I told them we were celebrating 2 b'days and Easter. After arrival, a knock on our door brought us a special delivery! It was a fabulous piece of Chocolate Mousse b'day cake--big enough for 4!~ Later that evening when we called for ice ( it was cocktail time) before going out for dinner, a huge ice bucket was delivered in no time at all. From the doorman to the front desk, everyone was attentive to our needs. I hope to be able to stay here again next time in London. Very good location as well! And, don't forget to read or ask about the history of the building itself! The only negative: The room brochure states that there is coffee in the lobby every am for those departing early! We left at 645 for the airport. They stopped the coffee service last year but have not updated their brochures.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

Needless to say, I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your first stay with us so much. It was genuinely our pleasure to take care of you all during your stay, and ensure that your special occasions were recognised. We are always so pleased when our guests choose to hold their celebrations with us, and I am glad that our team were able to make your experience here even more memorable.

I do apologise that you received some incorrect information – indeed we are currently in the process of replacing all of the information left in our guest rooms. I am deeply sorry if this in any way had a negative impact on your stay.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Landmark Hotel in Marylebone is a perfect setting for a week long vacation!
Staff is courteous and helpful, Breakfast in the Atrium was more like a Brunch, rooms are huge
and redone with modern washrooms, beds are so comfortable, and some great services included eg. complimentary
shoe shine and Complimentary newspaper at your door every morning!
We purchased our week through Luxury Link and once again we were not disappointed!!!!!!
Thank you Landmark for a wonderful vacation!

Happy Montreal Travellers!

Room Tip: Ask for an Upgrade if available....... Also the more powerful hairblower is in the drawer under the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ADele630
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your review on this website following your recent stay.

As first time visitors to our hotel, I must say I am delighted that our hotel left such an impression on you. Our teams work hard to ensure all our guests’ stays are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I am delighted that they were able to do just that on this occasion. Our rooms are indeed some of the largest in the city, and I am so pleased that you were able to benefit from this during your stay.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London on your next visit from Montreal.