“A 5 * experience”

Ranked #49 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“A 5 * experience”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This truly a sumptuous hotel, not far from the heart of London – 15min ride on the tube.

We stayed there for the night and were fortunate enough to be upgraded to an Executive room. Luxurious, truly a 5* experience and service – from the moment we entered the hotel. Clean, well maintained and decorated with lavishness in mind – the pictures, in this case, does not lie. We had dinner in the atrium – again, an opulent setting…felt very spoiled. A wonderful stay, highly recommended. Will come again, for at least afternoon tea.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your one night stay with us so much. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious Executive Room, and that our team members were able to make your time with us even more memorable.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for another stay in the very near future, or indeed for a delicious Afternoon Tea.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I booked the Landmark as we wanted a weekend of sightseeing and shopping with my husband and three children.

On arrival the reception was more than helpful. Showed us to our room - which was lovely.

We had booked for afternoon tea on the Friday. It was fab!!!!

The food was out of this world. The hotel staff were friendly and courteous.

We have such a lovely time and children loved it too.

We will be returning very soon - and booking the afternoon tea as well!!

I highly recommed this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with your family at our hotel.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us so much. Our team work hard to ensure all our guests’ experiences are memorable, and in particular that our younger visitors are well looked after.

We are very proud of our Afternoon Tea selection, and I am so pleased that both you and your family were able to enjoy it in the picturesque setting of our Winter Garden. I will happily share your positive feedback with our teams.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back for another stay, or indeed for another delicious Afternoon Tea.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hmm, overall, pretty mixed experience. I booked a suite at the landmark for 2 nights for my wedding last month. On the first night, my wife-to-be stayed in the suite, then was joined by her bridesmaids in the morning whilst they attended to her makeup and whatever else it is that girls do on a wedding morning. Then that evening, after the reception, my wife and I made our way back to the suite. The service was pretty faultless, the porters went to a lot of trouble to move all our wedding gifts from the cab up to the room (we had no single bag to carry them all in, and there were dozens). And they were really friendly and helpful at all times. But weirdly, although room service had been for the evening turn-down service, and made up the bed really nicely, all the bits of lunch the bridesmaids had used, including the service trolley, had been left out. So I arrived to my wedding suite to be greeted by half a dozen left-over sandwiches and a melted ice-bucket. To busy focused on enjoying my wedding night to mind too much, but it was just a bit odd. However, the big issue was that even though I had requested a non-smoking suite, the room had a whiff of cigarette smoke to it. This started off as only a faint odour, but over the course of the night grew stronger and stronger, particularly in the bathroom. I suspect that someone in one of the other rooms was trying to avoid a smoking fine by smoking in their bathroom, but in doing so, may have inadvertently filled our bathroom with smoke. It was gone midnight by the time I figured this out, and on my wedding night, so although I'm sure reception would have gladly moved us to a different room had we asked, it felt too late to change. But perhaps I'm being too harsh. Those two points aside (the service trolley not cleared from the room, and the strong smell of cigarette smoke), the suite was lovely, service impeccable, and the hotel a magical place to spend a wedding night. I must admit, however, I was expecting more for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BlackSombrero
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on this website, following your stay with us for 2 nights during your wedding.

Firstly please allow me to extend our congratulations on your recent celebration. I am of course delighted that you and your wife chose to spend such a special time with us, and whilst I am pleased that our team members were able to contribute to a memorable experience, I was extremely disheartened to learn of the issues experienced.

We take all our guest feedback very seriously, and therefore I would very much like a little more information if possible. If you would be so kind as to email me at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk, with the room number you stayed in, I will be able to investigate further.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. I look forward to hearing from you.

Morwenstow, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were celebrating our 25 th wedding anniversary here and arrived to complimentary champagne and chocklates and card from the manager which started the 3 day break off fantastically. The hotel is superb and all the staff are extremely helpful but getting the balance just right. The family room with two queen beds was excellent for the 3 of us and room service was always spot on . For a 5 star hotel in a great location I think it is reasonably priced. Thank you Landmark

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent celebratory stay on this site.

Many congratulations on your anniversary. I am so pleased that you made the decision to spend the time with us, and that the team were able to make your family’s stay that little bit more special. I am glad that you enjoyed the Room Service so much, and will happily pass on your comments to our team.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We are big fans of afternoon tea, and this has to be the best. We went to celebrate our son's engagement, and the winter garden was a perfect setting.The quality of the food, and service, was outstanding. We particularly appreciated being allowed to stay at the table chatting for as long as we liked, and not rushed out as some more 'well known' places try to do. Extra tea and coffee was served, and we felt like welcome guests throughout.
We are returning for my mother's 90th birthday and are very much looking forward to another excellent afternoon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit for Afternoon Tea on this website.

Firstly please allow me to extend our congratulations to your son on his engagement. I am delighted that you chose to celebrate this special occasion with us, and that our team were able to make this visit a memorable one for you all.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another wonderful celebration, and I do hope you all enjoy your time with us once again.

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Following our first visit to the Landmark for Champagne Sunday Brunch, we went again recently with our friends. The surroundings are lovely, the Champagne certainly flows very freely, our glasses were constantly topped up. The selection and presentation of food is amazing. The ambience in the Winter Garden is perfect, with a little two piece band. The rooms are very nice too. All of the staff without exception are very friendly, professional and above all helpful. Great breakfast, offering everything you could possibly want and is excellent quality. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit for our Sunday Brunch.

I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed our lovely Brunch so much. Our team of Chefs work hard to ensure the selection of food is of an exceptional standard, and the team on the floor are there to ensure the overall experience is as memorable as possible for all our guests. All of our team members are happy to receive such positive feedback, and it will be my pleasure to share yours with them.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back on another occasion for our Sunday Brunch, or indeed for a stay in one of our beautiful guest rooms.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Loved this hotel. Fantastic spacious room. Excellent service and the breakfast is to die for !
Agree with previous reviewers that they should not charge for the internet.. Then it would be just perfect. Will go back when we are in London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time out to post your review of our hotel on this site.

I am delighted that you had such a memorable stay with us, and that our team members were able to contribute to such an enjoyable experience. I am very pleased that you were able to relax in the comfort and luxury of our spacious guest rooms, and that you enjoyed our plentiful breakfast offering.

I am sorry if the charges for our Internet were not explained fully to you during your stay. We have adopted a more transparent approach to our pricing than some other hotels, whereby we allow guests to have more flexibility for the services they use. We have therefore chosen not to include additional extras such as WiFi into our rates, which enables our guests to pay for only what they use. We feel this is a more honest approach, and have taken this decision based on feedback from our guests.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.