“SUNDAY BRUNCH”

Ranked #49 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Watford, United Kingdom
“SUNDAY BRUNCH”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Following our first visit to the Landmark for Champagne Sunday Brunch, we went again recently with our friends. The surroundings are lovely, the Champagne certainly flows very freely, our glasses were constantly topped up. The selection and presentation of food is amazing. The ambience in the Winter Garden is perfect, with a little two piece band. The rooms are very nice too. All of the staff without exception are very friendly, professional and above all helpful. Great breakfast, offering everything you could possibly want and is excellent quality. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit for our Sunday Brunch.

I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed our lovely Brunch so much. Our team of Chefs work hard to ensure the selection of food is of an exceptional standard, and the team on the floor are there to ensure the overall experience is as memorable as possible for all our guests. All of our team members are happy to receive such positive feedback, and it will be my pleasure to share yours with them.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back on another occasion for our Sunday Brunch, or indeed for a stay in one of our beautiful guest rooms.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Loved this hotel. Fantastic spacious room. Excellent service and the breakfast is to die for !
Agree with previous reviewers that they should not charge for the internet.. Then it would be just perfect. Will go back when we are in London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time out to post your review of our hotel on this site.

I am delighted that you had such a memorable stay with us, and that our team members were able to contribute to such an enjoyable experience. I am very pleased that you were able to relax in the comfort and luxury of our spacious guest rooms, and that you enjoyed our plentiful breakfast offering.

I am sorry if the charges for our Internet were not explained fully to you during your stay. We have adopted a more transparent approach to our pricing than some other hotels, whereby we allow guests to have more flexibility for the services they use. We have therefore chosen not to include additional extras such as WiFi into our rates, which enables our guests to pay for only what they use. We feel this is a more honest approach, and have taken this decision based on feedback from our guests.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Moscow
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The search for excellent hotels around Marylebone area in central London scored yet another winner - The Landmark on Marylebone Road.

From the moment you enter the hotel and see the fantastic atrium filled with palms and light, you get the feeling it's going to be a nice stay. In addition to the great interior and exterior, the hotel perfectly ticked off all the usual requirements I seek in London hotels - 5-10 minutes by taxi to Paddington, 10-15 minutes to Mayfair and Oxford Street, close proximity to Regent Park (like the area so much plan on moving there) - plus excellent city transport links (cab rank outside the back entrance, right in front of the Marylebone train and tube station) and a proper swimming pool to relax after a long day.

I had a booked a regular suite, but was upgraded to the Marylebone suite, which was almost indecent in size - probably 80-90 sq m luxury one bedroom apartment! My friend (poor thing)) came a day later and picked a standard room, which was also very spacious.

Naturally, if you are a sightseeing tourist, it doesn't get any better for Madame Tussaud and Sherlock Holmes, which are literally around the corner; plus there are excellent bars and pubs and restaurants in the neighboring streets of Marylebone (we tried to get into a super cool place called Purl which was a five minute walk, it was full, so we went to another excellent wine bar just across the street from it - was great).

Standard rooms and suiets are farily priced for central London and given the hotel's great looks and amenities, I would consider it a good value. The pet peeve, as usual, is pay wifi - I just find it unfair that you need to pay for wifi access after you pay 300-500 GBP for a room - in a normal hotel, wifi should be a utility just like water or light - so lets get rid of the separate wifi charges, and we have a perfect central London hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience here so much. Our location just outside Marylebone Station is, as you say, ideal and our proximity to Regents Park is enjoyed by so many of our guests. I am so pleased to read that you were able to make use of our lovely swimming pool – perfect to relax in at the end of the day! We do indeed have some of the largest rooms in Central London, so I am glad that both you and your friend were able to enjoy this benefit of our hotel.

Thank you for your comments regarding our pricing for WiFi. Unlike some other hotels in the city, we are have taken a transparent approach to our pricing. We do not include the Internet in the rate, as, based on what our guests tell us, not everybody uses it. Therefore we do not wish our guests to have to pay unnecessarily. However, we do take on board your comments regarding this, and thank you for taking the time to share them with us.

Once again, thank you for your very positive words. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights in this fantastic hotel. Excellent service, big room, smiling staff and a lot of comfort. The only disappointment was that Internet wasn't included. Perhaps we're a little bit spoiled with this in Scandinavia.

Very good service from staff. Always helpful with finding what you're looking for or booking a restaurant for you.

If you're one of those that doesn't agree to "the hotel doesn't matter - it's only a place to sleep" the Landmark is perfect. Very close to shopping and good restaurants. It's only a £6 taxi from Paddington station and the Marylebone station is just behind the hotel where taxis always are available. This is also the translation to use if you want to go to the biggest factory outlet in Europe, Bicester Village.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on this site following your four night stay with us.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel so much, and the services we have to offer. I am delighted that our team were able to contribute to an overall enjoyable experience, and will happily pass on your comments to them.

Regarding our Internet, I am sorry if this was not explained to you fully during your stay. We have chosen not to include this in our rates, as we have found that not all guests use this particular service. Therefore, unlike many other hotels, we have chosen to keep our rates highly competitive, and our guests then pay only for what they use.

I do hope that this helps to explain the situation a little more. I very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dubai
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Beautiful old hotel, tastefully refurbished. I felt like I had stepped back in time to the grand old age of steam train travel. If you are able to, have a look around at the exquisite old ballrooms - absolutley stunning. Took high tea here, service was excellent and the food/tea/champagne was of high quality. Pianist playing most of the time in the Winter Garden, adds to the ambience. Would return to stay without hesitation. The only thing that I hesitated at was the high prices for food and beverages. Breakfast was going to cost me almost GBP30 for a full breakfast - so I popped into Marks & Spencer food shop Marylebone Station for pastries instead :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and that you had such a memorable experience at Afternoon Tea. Our Winter Garden is indeed the ‘jewel in the crown’, and just perfect for a leisurely tea. We are also particularly proud of our superb meeting rooms, and I am so pleased you were able to see them during your stay.

I am sorry that you found the price for our breakfast not to meet your expectations, however we do offer a range of room rates that has this included, should you wish to do so for your next visit.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Lovely hotel. The room was just right, especially by London standards. The restaurant is lovely and the location fabulous. We especially enjoyed the friendliness of the staff. The only thing stopping a 5 * rating here is the price was a little high especially with regards to food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on this site following your recent stay.

I am delighted that you have such a memorable experience, and in particular that our team were able to contribute to this. They work tirelessly to ensure all our guests are as comfortable as possible during their time with us, and that all service provided is of an exceptional standard. Receiving feedback such as yours is always a pleasure for the team, and I will be happy to share it with them.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Whilst visiting London I highly recommend staying at this hotel. The hotel is situated centrally near Baker street. The size of rooms are much larger than any other hotel in London that I know. The staff is very helpful and it is clearly my hotel of chice when in London. The only thing that is off putting is the charges for Wi-Fi, Spa etc'

Room Tip: use the railway station side for entering and exit . It is much more convinient
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on this site, following you recent stay.

I am delighted that you have made our hotel your home away from home, and that our team are able to provide consistently high standards of service each time you stay. Our guest rooms are indeed among the most spacious in London, which is something we are indeed very proud of.

We do take on board your comments regarding our charges, and I am sorry if these have not been fully explained to you previously. Based on feedback provided by our guests, we have assumed a more transparent philosophy with our pricing. We appreciate that our guests do not wish to be charged for something they do not use, and that not everyone who stays with us will opt to use all of our additional services. Therefore, unlike other hotels in the city, we have decided not to include these services in our rates. For the size and quality of our guest rooms, our rates are highly competitive, and it is our aim to allow our guests the most flexible options for their bookings.

However, I am very pleased that you will continue to stay with us when you are in London, and I do very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.