We just returned from a week's stay at the London Landmark. My boyfriend's company had a conference there so we decided to make it a longer stay in London. Normally, If I were s[ending a week anywhere in Europe, I'd rent a self catering apartment, but since the conference was at the Landmark, we couldn't justify switching our lodging mid week. When we e-mailed them before hand about extending our stay, they were nice enough to offer us the conference rate for the whole week even though the conference was only for 4 days.
Rooms were exceptionally large with comfortable furniture, a nice deep bath and separate glassed in shower. Also nice, is the toilet, that is essentially in a closet of it's own for added privacy. Linens were fresh and bathrobes and slippers were supplied. I also loved that you could turn out all the lights from the switch at the bedside, which also included a reading light above the bed. The bed was quite firm, which I normally like, but the pillows were quite thin and it was difficult for me to sleep well. This also could have been jet lag, so not fair to blame the bed, overall. Hallways, bars and dining halls were all exceptionally beautiful and well kept. The food that we did have at the hotel was decent, however, we opted for less expensive meals off site since we were staying for a week. Conveniently, there is a Marks & Spencer Food right across the rode in Marylebone station. This was great for grabbing quick salads or sandwiches that we stored in the mini bar. There is also a fabulous breakfast/Coffee bar across from the station called Gino's that kept us happy with great coffee and breakfast. The food that we did have at the hotel was decent, we just couldn't justify 29 Pounds each for the hotel breakfast and for the most part, we wanted to get out and see London.
Service ranged from okay to outstanding. Some of the staff lacked English skills, but they made up for it with smiles and positive attitudes. Doormen were always obliging and answered any questions we may have had about London or the surrounding area. The only thing that we found to be an inconvenience was our "balcony". When we arrived in our room, it seemed to be more of a Juliet balcony facing the street, but the doors were welded shut so the option of fresh air was non existent. When we reserved via email we had specifically asked for an outward facing balcony. When we asked about this at the front desk we were told that, for security purposes, the first floor rooms don't have windows that open. We just would have liked to have known this ahead of time.
Although the Landmark was a wonderful treat, I don't think we'd stay here again. It's a bit out of our price range for a trip overseas. However, I would definitely recommend it to others who might be planning a more luxury-minded vacation. As I mentioned before, I prefer to do the self catering thing in Europe and take in the market culture, so it is no fault of the hotel's that I would look elsewhere, just a personal preference. Overall a lovely hotel, great location and pleasant staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five star Landmark London is situated in fashionable Marylebone in the heart of London and combines classic British elegance and grandeur with deluxe facilities. Encompassing 300 of some of the largest guest rooms in London and three stunning bar and restaurants. The hotel also has a Spa and Health Club including a 15 metre swimming pool and gymnasium. The Landmark is the perfect venue from which to enjoy the sights and sounds of London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Landmark London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landmark London Hotel London
- The Landmark Hotel London
- Landmark Hotel London
- Landmark London
- The Landmark London England