“Fantastic Sunday Brunch at The Landmark” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Landmark London

The Landmark London
Ranked #47 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Sunday Brunch at The Landmark”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Amazing experience. Set in the beautiful Winter Garden with palm trees. Excellent food and unlimited champagne. Lovely atmosphere with live music and very attentive staff. Highly recommend…we will be back!
Just one thing...pls note that you'd be charged extra for bottled water and coffee.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AjkaR
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending our Sunday Champagne Brunch so favourably following your recent visit. I t was very kind of you to share your experience.

I am sorry to hear that you were charged for coffee as this is part of the price. If you would like to contact me further regarding this, please email me at hotel.manager@thelandmark.co.uk
Bottled water is chargeable although as part of the price you receive unlimited Champagne and unlimited soft drinks for children.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Often taken the Sunday Brunch at the Landmark, but this time decided tie it in with a special weekend stop over to celebrate our wedding anniversary and included a west end show. Ideal location with easy access to public transport and within reasonable walking distance to Oxford Street.
Yes it is a 5* hotel so you should expect top quality, the Landmark delivers this in all areas.
The staff are professional and maintain a level of warmth too often overlooked at top end hotels.
We had a well appointed room overlooking the splendid atrium, well equipped with a very comfortable bed. The room was quiet and the bathroom shower and bath well maintained all facilities to a high standard.The room was a little too warm but easily rectified with the room controls. Our Sunday brunch was superb, we have treated ourselves to this several times last time Sunday before Christmas. There is a magnificent selection of food, from sausages and eggs to shell fish, pasta, cheese, traditional roast meats and Eaton mess.
We will be booking the Landmark again for a indulgent weekend break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was very kind of you to take the time and trouble to share your feedback with us following your stay to celebrate your anniversary.

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding your stay and thank you for highlighting the features of our bedrooms and the excellent service you received as well as your enjoyable Sunday Champagne Brunch experience.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the Landmark for one night. Arrived full of cold, and feeling pretty rotten.

The hotel and room was immaculate, however, the service left me disappointed.

Decided to try to get rid of the cold by having a swim and a sauna, only to be told my room rate did not allow access to the SPA, which would cost extra,this was the first of a developing theme. I declined.
Back in the room for turn down service, the housekeeper offered extra blankets and a hot water bottle. I accepted gratefuly. However, two hours and several requests later someone appeared with a blanket but no hotwater bottle. It was obvious the main of the staff had no idea what a hot water bottle was.

Disppointed to bed, with a bottle of water from the room fridge, which I find cost £4......to ill to care.

For a 5Star best hotel this sort of penny pinching seems petty and gives me a feeling of being riped off.

It's back to Claridges for me in future. They know what a hot water bottle is, and if they didn't I would never know and the would find out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank taggsmum
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Me and my partner decided to have a tea to celebrate our anniversary on the 2nd of Feb and we decided to try the Landmark afternoon tea. We were welcomed by a lovely portuguese hostess that escorted us to the cloister and took us to a corner table with a individual lamp right next to our table, a very confortable and discreet position.
The menu presentation was really good, as well as the description of the different tea 'sets'. We couldn't resist to the chocolate set with jasmine flower and fresh mint tea!
The balance between natural light and artificial light was very well controlled during our stay and made it a memorable. Highly recommended,
Diogo

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I visited the land mark on Sunday 27th January 2013. I had a lovely experience of having breakfast, both the continental and english. The food of a high quality throughout.The service from Yodit the manager and the staff were excellent they were helpful and polite. Yodit kindly reassured us that we didn’t need to rush and allowed us to enjoy the experience and the ambience of the land mark to its full. I will certainly visit again and recommend the landmark to family and friends. C.Clarke

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your visit this past Sunday for our Winter Garden breakfast.

We were delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast, and that the overall experience was indeed an enjoyable one. I am particularly pleased that Yodit and her team were able to take such good care of you, and made you feel at home.

I do hope that we will indeed have the opportunity to welcome you, your family and friends back to The Landmark London in the very near future.

london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The setting of the brunch was very nice, with the gentle unintrusive music. The service was impeccable, our flutes being topped up at all times by the friendly attentive staff.

The buffet brunch, well not too impressed with that. The breakfast had warm bread rolls, two types of cooked eggs, some sauages, bacon . which was very good, hardly any fat on it. The black pudding was divine, best I have ever tasted. Then the very small area where they would cook you your eggs to your liking. No mushrooms, no toast, no baked beans (I know it's a five star hotel, but baked beans to me are part of a breakfast!) . The mains consisted of 3 types of roasted meat, beef, done two ways, very rare, but they would slice and cook it to your liking if you wished. The pork, and the lamb which I had and was very tasty, The potatoes were ok, as were the yorkshire puddings. The vegetables mixed in a very greasy pot left a lot to be desired.

They also had a sushi area, which looked nice, but I can't comment as I didn't have any.

Then time for dessert, about ten or more different types of pastries and mousses. I had a 3 different cakes, all were very nice, but nothing wow about them.

Maybe I have been spoilt as have had many champagne brunches in Hong Kong and the food was superb at each one. I think maybe a trip over there for the chef to see how it should be done.

For £80 per person, I don't think the food was up to standard for a 5*hotel, saying that the service most certainly was.

A pleasant Sunday afternoon, but I won't be going back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank debness
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit for our Sunday Brunch.

Needless to say, we were very disappointed to read that you did not thoroughly enjoy our renowned Brunch. We take all our guest feedback seriously, and were saddened to learn that your experience did not meet your expectations. Our Sunday Brunch is very popular, and we do have a large team of Chefs who work hard to ensure that the food presented is of the highest standard. However, I am very sorry that on this occasion you did not enjoy it, and would like to assure you that your comments have been discussed with our Management Team. Any necessary action will be taken accordingly.

On a more positive note, I am delighted that the team took such good care of you, and that you enjoyed the opulent surroundings of our beautiful Gazebo. We are always happy to read that our teams are providing outstanding service, and I am continuously pleased to share such positive comments with them.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I do hope that you will reconsider us in the future for another Sunday Brunch, or indeed to try one of our other two lovely restaurants.

Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Landmark Hotel is only across the road from Marylebone station making it so close to central london and easy to access by public transport.
I stayed here for a business conference for two nights.
Outside looks deceiving as when you walk in the hotel is massive- like a whole resort- reminds you very much of the hotels in Vegas and Dubai. The thing that hits you first is the gorgeous scent exclusive to the hotel- smells like Lily of The Valley and Jasmine. Check in was quite quick and lots of staff to help you with cases - I carried my own as don't like to give out lots of tips an a hotel of this kind will expect it.
There is wifi here, if you are a normal guest then it is about £15 a day but with our work booking we had a comp password that never worked or it changed all the time which was frustrating. Everyone that asked got a different password- they should make it one for each work group so it isn't so complicated.
I had a basic twin room (two double beds) with my colleague which was stunning and so spacious. We had a sofa with a table that came with fruit, large windows with natural light, large dressing table and mirror with lots of plugs, massive TV with a wide range of channels and movies, a tea and coffee making set and an actual walk in wardrobe (Could do with more hangers). The bathroom had a lovely shower and big bath and separate toilet so you could go and shut the door if sharing with a colleague.
This was the basic room but had so much space and luxury it looked like it should have been a superior. I didn't see the suite rooms that some of my colleagues had but apparently they were great. A perfect hotel for entertaining foreign business customers who want English elegance and tradition.
At breakfast which is served about 7.30-9.00 am there was a long wait, and I could see there were other business people standing waiting too. After about ten minutes we finally got seated and ordered one of the hot breakfasts. I ordered Traditional breakfast (you have to order toast and baked beans separately!) the first day (Waitress kept getting mixed up and forgot my black pudding and no staff around) and American waffle with cream and blueberry the next day- the latter was far better than the cooked breakfast. They both took about 15 mins to come which I thought was far too long for a five star hotel when I have had quicker service at a packed Premier Inn!
Tea and coffee was served as well (These are all extras so check before you order what has been booked). The buffet style continental which I also had access to was amazing. There were fresh smoothies, breads, cheeses, fresh smoked salmon, fruits, yoghurts probiotic, cereals.. the list goes on.
In the daytime we had a conference room for our work. The technical things you can o here are great we had skype calls and multi media presentations and used mics/ mobile mics and all went well. Teas and coffees were served with pastries which was a nice touch.
The lunch they brought out hot buffet style an cold to the function rooms was of a very high standard but with tiny plates so a lot of the men went back a few times. On the first day there was beef casserole with mash, lamb curry an rice, salads, olives etc and tartlet desserts. On the second day they had Thai chicken curry with sticky rice, mushroom pasta, houmous and pitta bread, salads and various mini desserts such as cheesecake.
There is a gorgeous spa at the hotel so make sure you bring your cossie or trunks. relax in the sauna or steam and heated pool. The gym is great but can get a bit packed. Its free!
As I was there for work I was entertaining clients in the evening by taking them for dinner. When I got back late one night I just wanted to go to bed asap as I was so tired. My key didn't work on the second night so I had to go all the way to reception (The hotel is so large) and say my key didn't work. I was met by a young male receptionist man who treated me rudely and demanded ID, instead of asking questions such as what was my company etc- all my ID was in the room. So I had to trek all the way to find my colleague in the late night bar to get some ID etc... the whole mission was ridiculous and I didn't need it.
The late night bar lacked lots of space, fast service and ambience- we asked for music about four times and it was like they had never had the service - some of our clients like to socialise late into the night!
As a work trip away it did what it needed to as we had a successful launch but personally I thought the staff could do with more training (Too many people not knowing what the were doing and not enough management to sort) , it was like they were low on staff.
For the price and the five star element there was the impact of the stunning decor/hotel, but personally I wouldn't stay here again as it lacked the personal touch and for me I need a five star personality to stay again in a hotel. So would book again for business but not for a personal treat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am glad that in general, you seemed to have a pleasant stay with us. In particular, your comments about our guest rooms and our Health Club & Spa are a delight to hear, and I am happy that you enjoyed these particular aspects of our hotel. Your arrival to the hotel also seems to have made an impression, which is lovely to read.

However, we were naturally disappointed that you seemed to experience some issues during your two nights with us. We have taken on board your feedback with regards to the Wifi codes, and will take this in to consideration for future meetings. I do apologise that this was the cause of some frustration.

Possibly most disappointing to read was your experience with breakfast – occasionally we do experience busy periods, however notwithstanding there should have been one of our team members present to take care of you, and once seated your experience certainly should not have been how you have described. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of our team, and rest assured that the appropriate action will be taken.

Should you wish to discuss the matter further, please do feel free to contact me directly at Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, either for another work conference, or indeed for a personal visit.