We paid £35 for afternoon tea through Groupon for 2 people. If we'd paid full price it would have been £70. Thankfully we did not pay full price, what a rip off. You get 6 traditionally cut afternoon tea sized sandwiches and the rest is made up of cakes and scones, far too much sweet stuff. You do get a pot of tea and a glass if sparkling white wine, still a rip off. I've had afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason's where they kept replenishing the sandwhiches until you told them to stop. The 'Level Restaurant' is in the lower ground floor and has zero atmosphere. There are no windows which makes the room feel dingy and enclosed. The staff were polite but that's about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End (WC1) formerly the Park Inn London Russell Square, is a newly-renovated four-star hotel in Bloomsbury near Russell Square. The hotel is a stone's throw from the British Museum and walking distance to top attractions such as Covent Garden, the West End and the shops on Oxford Street. The hotel features 237 fresh and modern guest rooms, recently refurbished to a superior four-star standard (including Standard, Deluxe and Premium Deluxe rooms as well as Apartments). Wireless high-speed Internet access is available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton London - West End Hotel London
- Park Inn Russell Square
- Bonnington Hotel London
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel London - West End England