Hotel was undergoing refurbishment when we stayed, which we knew from the Hilton website/Tripadvisor. The public areas downstairs were all immaculate with modern stylish decor, the only time we had a slight problem was the builders outside our room being a bit noisy but it wasnt unexpected.
I was disappointed with our stay because we prepaid a weekend special on the website, printed our confirmation for a queen room for two and were assigned a twin room at check in (which we didnt find out until we traipsed up to the room with our cases). We then went back to reception to request a queen room and the manager explained that he wouldnt be able to honour our booking as there were no double rooms left AT ALL in the entire hotel, despite the fact that I had booked one 4 weeks previously. Really disappointed as I'd booked the weekend as a treat for me and my boyfriend and the romance factor isn't the same with twin beds! The manager did offer us complimentary drinks at the bar but was nowhere to be seen later on. We then went back up to our twin room passing a tray of leftover food from room service which was still there 3 hours later when we left for the night.
However, there were some good aspects to the hotel, the breakfast selection was good, despite having to queue for around 10 minutes to be seated. The dining staff were good, always busy, there just didnt seem to be enough of them. We also liked the complimentary cookie on check in. The rooms were modern enough with flatscreen TV although the channels were limited. Location is good, 10 minutes from Holborn tube, very near Leicester Square, Covent Garden etc, and the British Museum is less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Beds were also extremely comfortable. Probably wouldnt stay here again, much preferred the Park Plaza when we stayed there last year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End (WC1) formerly the Park Inn London Russell Square, is a newly-renovated four-star hotel in Bloomsbury near Russell Square. The hotel is a stone's throw from the British Museum and walking distance to top attractions such as Covent Garden, the West End and the shops on Oxford Street. The hotel features 215 fresh and modern guest rooms, recently refurbished to a superior four-star standard (including Standard, Deluxe and Executive rooms as well as Apartments). Wireless high-speed Internet access is available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton London - West End Hotel London
- Park Inn Russell Square
- Bonnington Hotel London
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel London - West End England