Tripadvisor
London
4,519 results
All reviews old street tube station leisure facilities steam room theatre break tea and coffee good nights sleep full english west end shoreditch
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Check in efficient, room was scruffy, tired, dated and very small. There was a very large new flat screen tv, but I had to get behind it as it was neither Pooh he’d in or connected to a signal. The Ed was reasonably, the room service unbelievable, after an hour I chased it’s up to be told it had been forgotten, then they brought the wrong food . I will be avoiding. However the breakfast was well presented, and tasty

Trip type: Traveled on business
chandtooray, Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican.

I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately we had a system failure which affected the communication with the Kitchen staff and thus resulted in problems with the orders. I apologise for this and the issue has now been fixed

We will take your feedback on board and address these issues to ensure the standard does not fall short again. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rooms are basic but functional. From my experience, you hope you are in the main building where you check in, not over the road, as this is more like student accommodation. It’s a little tired yes, but comfortable and with helpful staff. The field mushrooms at breakfast are delicious!
Good location and reasonable cost for London!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in January. Upgraded on arrival free of charge. Rooms excellent, bed really comfortable best I have ever slept in. Spa was great and the staff on the day were polite and extremely helpful. Reception staff lovely. Didn't give it an excellent due to the restaurant waited an hour for food , not very nice. I have an allergy to rice which some how ended up on my garlic bread. Excellent stay but wouldn't use the restaurant.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Ruth

Thank you for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed aspects of your stay with us. I am sorry however we fell short due to the Restaurant service. Unfortunately we had a system failure which affected the communication with the Kitchen staff and thus resulted in problems with the orders. I apologise for this and the issue has now been fixed. We have also addressed the allergy issue you have described and retraining will be given where necessary.

We are working hard to improve our services and we hope you will visit again in the future to see this for yourself. We hope to welcome you back to stay with us soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Small, cramped rooms with small beds. The room was draughty and noisy from the city, the bathroom was not ventilated. The whole place felt dilapidated, as if it needs raising to the ground and starting again.
I would actively encourage you not to stay here. Go anywhere else. Anywhere.

Thank you for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican.

I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience.

This is disappointing to read, however we currently have many renovation projects planned and taking place with a view to improve the hotel overall.

If you change your mind in regards to staying with us again, please feel free to contact me and I will ensure your stay is a better one for all the right reasons.

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

The title sums this hotel up really. The air freshener smell when you walk in is overpowering and it makes you wonder what it’s masking! The reception staff dealt with the queues well and were efficient. The hotel itself is due for a refurb. I have never stayed in a room in London with a ceiling fan that I had to use as the only source of cool air in a seriously warm room with no heat control and a radiator which was off - In January! It must be unbearable in the Summer. The surrounding area made me feel quite unsafe with a 10min walk to tube stations. The room was scuffed and dated with paper thin walls & I have no idea what my neighbours kept plugging in but it was very irritating - as was their long conversation! However the WiFi was free, fast and stable. The bathroom was also dated but clean with a decent shower. the bed was OK with cheap pillows. The gym & pool were fairly decent. Breakfast was very good. Personally I wouldn’t stay here again but it’s not the worst hotel for the rate they I have stayed in in London.

Trip type: Traveled on business
chandtooray, Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear Carol

Thank you for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed aspects of your stay with us. I am sorry however that we did not meet all of your expectations.