Arrived early and was offered immediate occupancy of an upgraded room for an extra £10 which we were happy to accept. Our booking offer also gave us a choice of free upgrade, breakfast or bottle of wine - we opted for the breakfast.
The upgraded room was very clean but not huge. I imagine standard rooms must be tiny. Bath/shower tap had bits missing but this did not affect functionality. Carpet was threadbare in places but the other soft furnishings were fine. Bed was very comfortable unlike the pillows.
Lovely pool - nice and warm. Changing rooms could have benefited from a blast of air freshener & the shower control was just balanced on & fell off in use. Steam room was out of order & sauna temperature was only slightly warmer than at the poolside. Great pity.
A fantastic range of breakfast buffet items on offer and included variety of fresh and conserved fruits (loved the green figs!), cheeses, meats, smoked salmon, cereals, breads & pastries as well as the traditional cooked items. Sadly another hotel offering "flask" coffee which was unpleasant but was kindly replaced with a pot of tea but this was barely warm! I gave up & stayed with juice.
We were looking forward to our post-theatre nightcap but sadly the lovely Bar 120 was closed and there wasn't a seat to be had in the CoMotion foyer bar, and the adjoining dining area was blocked off so we had to settle on a cup of tea in our room.
The hotel is quite a trek from the tube and the surrounding area is a bit grim with few facilities.
On a positive note all the staff we encountered: Reception, Concierge, Leisure Centre, Restaurant, Cleaner were all extremely friendly, helpful and efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thistle City Barbican reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London, England
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London