One working lift for a hotel this size was, at busy times, not nearly enough so we were glad to only have two flights of stairs to our room. The room was standard with the usual basic amenities although the second chair, which should have been situated with its pair at the table, had obviously gone walkies! Provision of tea/coffee/milk in the room was mean and a request at reception for more met with a poor response for a four star hotel. There was no choice of pillows and the ones provided were, in our opinion, of poor quality and the cushions were eventually brought into play as replacements!
The bathroom was poorly lit and the shower very disappointing as there was no way of adjusting the flow. The towels, placed in the tub for replacement, were just folded and put back on the rail - or this hotel has a lot of towels with black marks on (already there when first used)!
I would not use this hotel again because of the disappointing standard of accommodation and service from reception staff, none of which I don't consider typical of Thistle Hotels. Location has to be another negative. Whilst we knew it was obviously by the Barbican, distance from the subway was, especially after an evening out, a tad too far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance from Old Street and Barbican tube stations the Thistle City Barbican provides easy access to the whole of London and its many attractions. We have convenient transport links for King's Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail as well as St Pancras International station for Eurostar.Ideally located on the edge of the City of London, with the financial district just minutes away, we are also in a prime location for business travellers. Our dedicated conference facilities with 13 flexible meeting rooms will cater for business meetings, corporate special events, private dining and banquets for up to 170 delegates.Inclusive with your hotel booking you can enjoy the Otium Health & Leisure Club to work out, for a refreshing swim or simply relax and de-stress in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room. Whether you are here for business or leisure our Otium Health & Leisure Club has all you need to make your experience complete.Thistle City Barbican Hotel features 463 bedrooms including Standard, Deluxe and Family rooms as well as Suites. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are equipped with Free BT Openzone Wi-Fi internet access. For guests travelling to the Hotel by car there are 10 car parking spaces available which are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Alternatively there is a NCP carpark within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle City Barbican London
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel London
- Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch London, England