8,314 results
All reviews st katherine's dock bridge view xi bar guoman tower tower hill tube station executive room fantastic location bit dated large hotel an upgrade the club lounge theatre break lovely room stayed here for one night full english cooked breakfast tea and coffee
Reviewed September 13, 2010

arrived a tower hotel around 11am after travelling from five am that mornin having to wait 15mins in checkin line to be told no rooms ready till at the earlist 2pm lucky there eas a starbucks rite next door to hotel went back to hotel around 1pm to queue again i had to repeat my name to the reception staff three times before she discovered it was bk to front on my booking after getting that resloved we were asked would we like to upgrade our room at a cost of 40pounds each per night of which we refused finally getting to our room we had a great veiw of the marina beside us location and veiws brilliant breakfast was just ok definitaly not four star as i was changing in room a maid came in without knocking when i complained i was sent a bottle of wine to the room which was nice i had the donot disturb sign on when the maid came in

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
GuomanTower, Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Tower Hotel.
Our check in times are standard and we try where possible to accomodate early check in.
Regarding breakfast, as from 1st November we will be starting a new breakfast offering.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Tower Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 12, 2010

My spouse has stayed at this hotel numerous times before, and had nothing but great things to say about it. We had planned a romantic night in the city with a flight on the eye, and dinner out on the town. We booked a week in advance, via the hotels web site. We originally booked a standard double room, with breakfast included. The total was about £130. Not bad considering the location and the prices of the other hotels in the area. We really wanted a room with a view of the Tower Bridge, and we were assured that at least 90% of the rooms have a view of the waterfront. However once we checked in, we were informed that we didn't have a view of the water at all. We made mention of the fact that this was an anniversary, they offered us an upgrade at £30. We weren't overly impressed with that, and turned it down, where they just gave in and upgraded us for free to a Deluxe King, with a view of the Tower Bridge. We were quite excited, and didn't expect to be upgraded 2 levels. One issue though at check-in is a language barrier problem. It seems as though all the reception staff is from Russia, with limited but enough english skills. Some things were hard to understand and you were often wondering if they understood what you had said. In the end, it all worked out but one would think that your front line employees would have a much better grasp on communication.

Once we got into our room, we had to be quick to get ready to get to the London Eye. We went to grab a quick drink from the mini bar, only to find that it wasn't stocked. We called reception who got us in contact with room service. They informed us that there is a malfunction with the mini bars across the hotel, and we would need to order our drinks thru room service. We didn't bother due to time restrictions, and got ready to go. We went downstairs to concierge and asked for a cab. We waited for about 10 minutes outside, when the porter came to us and said we should really go catch a cab b/c the eye can refuse you if you are late. That was really nice of him, but how come the concierge didn't call us a cab we aren't sure. We made it to the eye in time, only just.

Once we got back to the hotel, around 1:30 am, we wanted to have a drink at the bar, but it was closed. So, off to the room we retreated, and ordered drinks via room service. They said to us that the reason our mini bar wasn't stocked, was because we didn't pre-order it to be stocked. No one had mentioned that to me prior to booking. Needless to say, room service arrived, and you could smell it a mile away. He didn't knock on the door, he tried the door handle, and jiggled away. Once we opened the door the smell of BO wafted into our room so strong that I could smell it from the bed. The stentch was unbearable. The glass in which his gin and tonic was served in was cracked from top to bottom. We had to return the glass and order a new one, which was done, but not happily. There was a new server, who was quite pleasant, not to mention clean, and not smelling to the high heavens.

We tucked in for the night, only to find that our "king bed" was actually two single beds put together. The crater sized dent in the middle of the bed, made for a VERY uncomfortable sleep. Tossing and turning all night, and I woke up with a krick in my neck from trying to situate myself to a comfortable position. The pillows were not matched either to the size of the bed. King size pillows for a king size bed are standard practice, and these pillows were single sized.

We went down for breakfast in the morning, and were abruptly greeted by a military like headmaster who took our room number and placed us off to the side with the rest of the cue. As our cue congregrated to the side of the other diners, we were escorted into the main dining room. There was no choice in tables, and we were pointed to the table we were to sit at. We helped ourselves to the breakfast buffet, which had quite a large choice of items. It was all quite nice, with the exception of the fruit. The pineapple tasted rotten. I informed the "headmaster" and she made the point of letting me know she thought it was fine, and the only reason it tasted off was that it was from a tin. Well, for 18quid, for breakfast, one would think that fresh pineapple would at least be an option. The coffee isn't self serve and we waited for 30 mins before I found a waitress to serve us.

We were so frustrated with the whole situation, that at check out we had to complain. We had let the receptionist know, who was super helpful and fantastic. We had to write out our complaints and then the Reception manager Nisant came to talk to us. We told him all that had gone wrong and he was very apologetic. He informed us that they are renovating each floor, and hence the mini bars not stocked. The bed situation is standard fare. The hygenic presentation of staff was also adressed and taken very seriously. By the end of the conversation Nishand offered us a free night in one of their Premiere Exec. King Suites so our opinion of their hotel could be restored. We are going back on the 22nd of Sept. and I will edit this post once we have had our second stay. They also covered the cost of our parking for the night, which was about 30quid.

The solution to the issuses was extrodinary, it was just a shame that we needed to have the negative happen.

All in all, I would stay again. The location is FANTASTIC... the hotel is clean, the staff is nice. it has some underlying issues but it seems they are trying to rectify these.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at The Tower, wonderful location for sightseeing, restaurants, city and riverside walks and good pubs in the area. Comfortable, excellent and varied breakfast, excellent service from all hotel staff throughout our stay. Worth paying a reasonable upgrade for a wonderful view. Watch the bar prices though!

Reviewed September 10, 2010

I am getting a little help from my Mum in writing this review. Mum and Dad go almost every summer and my husband and I joined them for a night this year

The location is super
Views excellent and interesting
Location easy for ferry
Staff really helpful
Breakfast really good continental
Makes for a very enjoyable holiday
My parents are in their 80s so can use their bus pass for free transport in London - very helpful - Bus Number 15 comes back to the hotel from the centre
Parents book with Omega - 4 nights BB with transport from lancashire = £260

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennydog
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Stayed her Fri to Sun, love this area around Tower Bridge & London Bridge. Hotel is a bit ugly from outside but lovely inside. The class of rooms depends on the floor, going up in lifts there is different decor in the corridors which gets nicer as you ascend. They were trying to push upgrades at check in (you can easily negotiate so don't accept their 1st offer). Said we would be on 1st floor but could pay for upgrade to higher floor with refurbished room, my parents stayed on 1st floor recently & had a lovely room with Tower Bridge views, so I said I would see the room 1st. Turns out 1st floor rooms weren't ready so would give us 4th floor. Room 408 was lovely & spacious with a huge queen size bed & nice modern decor. View looking right onto St Kath Dock so were perfectly happy without upgrade. Tower Bridge view would be fantastic but St Kaths Dock is great for people watching & looking out onto the expensive yachts, felt you were in the Med instead of central London! The continental breakfast was ok & from what I saw of the small buffet cooked selection I would not think worth paying extra £17. We ate in the Brassarie resturant which has outside seating & was lovely overlooking Tower Bridge in the sun. My husband was not impressed with the service though, he had to go inside to pay the bill as no-one came for it, he then waited inside for me while I went to the loo. The manager sent 4 different waiters to ask if they could help him, not in a helpful way but in an accusing 'what are you doing in here?' way. He was anoyed that no-one remembered us having sat outside for 3 hours eating & drinking & spending plenty of money! The personal touch is definitely missing. Loved the location of the hotel, loads of bars & restaurants around but they quieten down by late evening so no disturbance. The Dog House pub right on the corner does happy hour cocktails for £2.95 between 5.30 - 7.30 & they were fantastic! Across the bridge, loads more places to eat & drink & just a 10 min walk to Borough Market which is a MUST DO. The subway is a 5 min walk past the Tower of London but we walked into the west end in about 40 mins at a leisurely pace.

2  Thank leesm