The Tower
$286
$278
Orbitz.com
7,610 results
All reviewsst katherine's dockbridge viewxi barguoman towertower hill tube stationexecutive roomfantastic locationbit datedlarge hotelan upgradethe club loungetheatre breaklovely roomstayed here for one nightfull englishtea and coffeecooked breakfast
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stopped here for a weekend break away in London. The hotel staff were pleasant, professional and check in/out was fast. The first room we checked into had a fault with the fire alarm which was resolved quickly by concierge moving us to a different room.

The hotel's bedroom was clean, with a lovely view of the tower bridge and shard, the bed was comfy and the room was spacious.

The location of the hotel is excellent, as tesco express and Starbucks are just around the corner from the hotel. There are close by restaurants and pubs with a large selection of food and drink.

Overall, a lovely stay at the Tower Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kelly-marie s
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Really disappointed with this hotel - have stayed in the past but this recent visit was a let down. Booked the 'breakfast in bed and champagne package' for a birthday trip and although the room was fine the service and food was terrible. 11pm room service was nothing like a 4* hotel - the pre-packaged cold food (can't order hot food late in the evening...) was poor quality and expensive. Missing items on the 'menu' even though the evening service had only been running for 30 mins. It arrived in a paper bag and was wrong - I pointed this out to the member of staff who said he'd take it all away again instead of letting us keep the rest of the food. I asked for it to be taken off the bill which he begrudgingly agreed to and didn't do.

The breakfast room service menu in the room guest info book looked lovely but when I asked the evening before about putting our choice out on the standard card, he said the menu had changed and to just call for breakfast instead. The menu for breakfast was a cold continental breakfast which took 40 minutes to arrive, was wrong (four attempts to get through on the phone and two more to correct the order) and they didn't bring the rest of the food when they said they would. Dry bread rolls, no butter or jam - pretty basic things missing. We left feeling really disappointed as I had paid extra for the package so was expecting at least a good cooked breakfast - not the extra tray charge for £5 (which they did remove when I reminded them at check out) for poor quality food which was half forgotten and late. We should have just gone out for breakfast.

Tip - there is a Tesco Express underneath the hotel - just use that and don't waste your time or money eating at the hotel. Feedback survey was received soon after our stay and I asked for a contact to discuss the feedback and so far, over a month later, nothing.

Good location, rooms adequate if rather dated, food not so - hence the 'poor' review rather than 'average' as the price just wasn't worth it. Had to battle to get the tray charge etc taken off the bill which was just embarrassing when I'd booked this for a birthday gift. Service not up to a 4* standard either. 4* pricing and 'extra packages' but in reality, you'd get more from a low-cost hotel.

Room Tip: Overlooking the river is preferable but don't pay extra - St Katherine's Dock views are equally good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emma M
GMTower, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Reviewer,
I'm sorry to read of your disappointing stay with us, I regret that we have let you down and that your birthday treat was spoilt as a result. I would really like to discuss your stay with you so I hope you will contact me on billy.hughes@guoman.co.uk

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Had a great weekend 6-8 June 14. Was a birthday treat and was lovely. Did e- mail to ask for a room with a view and did book a few months ago, however got a room looking at a wall so a little disappointed. It didn't take away the location or the service. Will stay again and hope for the view.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post; it’s fantastic to read you enjoyed a lovely birthday treat with us. I’m really sorry that you didn't get the bridge view you were hoping for but I am glad you were still happy with your stay overall. We’re looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is in a great location if you want to do sightseeing in London. We stayed in room 645 on the plus side a great view from the window of tower bridge and surrounding area. On the negative side room was quite small and the wardrobe doors did not shut properly. I agree with a lot of the reviews that the interior (the furniture) and exterior of the hotel is quite dated and needs some refurbishment. Saying that the staff at the hotel are great nothing was too much trouble and they were very helpful. Check-in and check-out were done very quickly and the reception staff were excellent. Breakfast at the hotel is £12 each take my advice and go to the Wetherspoons just up the road where you can have a full English breakfast for £4.29 each. The room was clean and you did have everything that you needed including a safe, fridge, hairdryer and there was air con great because the weather was hot. There are 2 bottles of complimentary water left in your room each day and tea and coffee making facilities are provided (look in the drawer as this is not visible). On check-out you could leave your cases in the reception area for as long as you wanted to which is a big plus if you still have some sightseeing to do before you leave London. On the whole this is a great hotel in a great location I would stay here again and would definitely recommend to anyone who was looking for a short stay in London to do sightseeing with the Tower of London a 5 minute walk away and Tower Hill underground approximately a 10 minute walk away.

Room Tip: At check-in ask for a tower bridge/river view on a high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lorraine_123836

Dear Reviewer,
It’s great to read just how friendly and helpful the team were in particular the reception team. I appreciate your comments on the interior of the room; starting next year the hotel will undergo a full refurbishment please keep in touch with us via our website so we can keep you updated on our progress. I hope you will visit us again soon

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel because we were going to a army get together in the Tower of London and it was the closest hotel ....I have to say superb would go back again no problem everything about the hotel we could not fault it's got to b good I don't write many reviews .... But felt I had to for the standed that this hotel is at ......

• Stayed: June 2014