The Tower
Orbitz.com
$212
Travelocity
7,610 results
All reviewsst katherine's dockbridge viewxi barguoman towertower hill tube stationexecutive roomfantastic locationbit datedlarge hotelan upgradethe club loungetheatre breaklovely roomstayed here for one nightfull englishtea and coffeecooked breakfast
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife wanted a trip to Madame tousods, so we arranged a trip with Majesic Coach Tours of Torquay for a long week end. The hotel was excellent and next to Tower Bridge, overlooking The Thames. In no way could we fault the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My first time stopping in London. I couldn't wish for a better location. Whilst I didn't't get a great view from my room I couldn't wish for a better location.plenty to see and do within a short walking g distance. Staff very helpful. Lovely spacious rooms. Hope to come back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a hotel with a great location. Also, the view of the Tower is impressive!
The front staff is polite and helpful. The concierge desk is stuffy and very unpleasant attitude. They know the information but one must really pull it out of them. The breakfast starts a bit late, -7:00 a,m for those people who need to be in the office early. No real business center.
The rooms are NOT up to standard. At this price and at this location the hotel needs to do much better. Front lobby is great looking. Rooms are at a two stars equivalent. Shame on the owners. I would only stay here if I wanted the location but only for a very short stay. We were at this hotel for a week and I regret it.

• Stayed: September 2013
GMTower, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I’m disappointed to hear that your experience wasn’t positive. I have
made note of your feedback and raised your comments with our Concierge team and will follow
up at this point. I appreciate you taking the time to post your review and I do hope that we will
have the opportunity to welcome you back .
Kind regards,
Billy

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a very big 4star hotel.Perfect location for many attractions.The rooms are a good size but vrey dated it realy needs some TLC the staff are very good.Would ask about views as our room was on a corner so our view was the wall of the hotel and a bit of the dock if you cricked you neck Every thing is there but not sure if we would stay again .

Room Tip: no tip would advise you aks what side and what view you can have as the hotel is a strange shape
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of an organised trip with Wilfreda Beehive. Our room was on the first floor at the back, with a view of St Katherine’s dock. I was actually a little disappointed about the view, as during previous stays at this hotel I have enjoyed stunning views looking over Tower Bridge...so if are a lucky enough to get a room at the front you are in for a treat! Our room was a standard Twin, but was quite spacious and the furniture did look like it had been updated recently, compared to other rooms I have stayed in here on higher floors. I liked the fact that there is a safe in the room, and also an iron and ironing board (although I didn't make use of it). The beds are very comfortable with good pillows and there was a nice sized TV also. The bathroom was very clean and enjoyed having a bath/shower combo. Considering we were on a low floor we didn't get much noise from the busy areas around St Kathrine's dock (there is a couple of pubs/ restaurants there which is handy if you wish to venture out at night). Only downside to the room really was the smell of meat fat when you first walk into the room... (Kind of like burgers) but this was no major issue as I think you must get used to it after a while! Breakfast was nice and there is plenty of choice available...I would come down either first thing or later on as there was a bit of a queue when we went in at about 9am. The best thing about this hotel is the location without a doubt! We visited the Tower of London on the Sunday and managed to beat the queues with the Hotel being so close...also we went to Greenwich on a river cruise which was great as the boarding point is only a few minutes walk away. Really enjoyed this weekend trip and would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple