“Excellent London Hotel”

Ranked #264 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Herne Bay
“Excellent London Hotel”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Great modern hotel with lovely helpful reception staff. Wonderful room with fabulous views of Tower Bridge and the river. Great location with bustling St Katharines Dock close by. We went for a great curry in Brick Lane which is just a taxi ride away. Clean room with comfy bed, pillows and nice big fluffy towels. If there was just one thing to mention the hair dryer was not particularly powerful so if you have long hair and can fit it in your case take your own ! Great stay

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,871)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Superb location, next to Thames, good views of Tower Bridge. Booked. a deluxe double room, but so disappointed, there was just room for a small double bed with a pathway around, it was like a single room. After showing staff the room we thought we had booked as advertised on their website, we were eventually moved despite informing us that the hotel had full occupancy. However the website showed there were still vacancies. Our 2nd room was very comfortable with lovely views. All staff were extremely polite and very helpful. Good breakfast but felt rushed and had 10min wait for dishes and glasses. Feel that the management need to sort out classification of rooms and be more honest with customers We will not return to the hotel despite loving the location, shame!

Room Tip: We were informed that rooms on Floor 5 were all the same size which were very, very small yet classe...
Newton Le Willows, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my second visit with my sister and nephew. The hotel is in a wonderful location overlooking tower bridge. The room I was in was very cold and drafty and I slept with my coat over the bed for further warmth, whilst my sister's room was unbearably warm and stuffy. There is no temperature control in the rooms apart from air con.
I had booked a table in the restaurant via the on-line facility for the hotel as a surprise for my family, but when we arrived there was no record of this booking, even though I had the paperwork with me as proof. This was very embarrassing in front of other guests and diners.
We were offered a table, but we were not happy with the seating as I had originally requested a table by the window 6 weeks in advance. The food was delicious, although service was very slow. (We arrived at 7.00pm and departed at 9.45pm even though we only had 2 courses).
I brought the matter to the attention of the front desk the next morning who were most unhelpful and who didn't seem to have a clue what I was on about.
These visits to London are very special to us and we save up to have this weekend. Very sad that this visit didn't quite match up to the experience we had last time which was 2 years ago. I hope next time will be better...

Room Tip: Cooler rooms the lower you go.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked my sister in this hotel twice already who was visiting me in London with her whole family and we never regret choosing this 5 star Hotel in both ocassion. The location is perfect, at the heart of London, 2 mins walk to Tower bridge, 8 mins to nearest tube, but because it is located along the river thames, you can simply enjoy strolling along the river bank with restaurants along the way in case you get hungry.

Booked a family room and was surprised how roomy and nice the room was presented. I think you get what you pay for if you book with other 2-3 star hotels which maybe cheaper but not as relaxing or comfortable. Hotel staff are also polite and helpful. They can assist you with any tour activities you want in London.

If you have an extra budget for your accomodation, then I highly recommend this hotel. You will never want to stay on a lower star hotel once you have experienced staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to request the river facing rooms for a better window view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your post,
I am so pleased to read just how happy you and your family were with choosing the Tower. It’s also great to read how helpful the team were with arranging things to do in London.
We run promotions throughout the year so do keep in touch with us via our website and Facebook page.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend. Had a wonderful time, the views from our room of the river and Tower Bridge were amazing. The bed was probably the best hotel bed I have ever slept in, sooo comfy. Breakfasts huge, set us up for the day. Easy access to wherever we wanted to go to, from Tower Hill underground subway station. x

Room Tip: I dont think there are any bad rooms. Choice is overlooking St Katherine's Marina or the River.
Thanks for your post,
I am delighted you enjoyed such a wonderful stay at the Tower Hotel. We receive a lot of compliments about our mattresses so I’m glad to read you are also a fan.
It will be great to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Checking in very good, concierge brilliant however our "deluxe" standard room left a lot to be desired! The room was very tired looking, no valance on the bed, massive stain on the bottom of bed & chair. Room very cold due to draught through window. However we were promptly given an extra blanket & plug in heater. If this was "deluxe" standard I would hate to see just the standard! Staff very friendly & attentive sometimes a bit too eager to please as whisking away breakfast items before finished. Breakfast was average. Superb view of Tower Bridge/Shard & great location.

Room Tip: When checking in ask for room that has been refurbished.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have stayed here several times now and am always happy with the hotel. The quality of the rooms though are quite mixed. Some of the floors haven't been renovated so the decor is quite tired. Floors 5 and 6 have definitely been upgraded so are worth asking for.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your post,
It’s great that you have always been happy during your stays with us. We are updating our rooms floor by floor and have recently completed the refurbishment of our first floor bedrooms. I am glad you like the fifth floor rooms as these are our Executive rooms which also come with access to the executive lounge.
We look forward to your next visit.