8,293 results
All reviews st katherine's dock bridge view xi bar guoman tower tower hill tube station executive room fantastic location bit dated large hotel an upgrade the club lounge theatre break lovely room stayed here for one night full english cooked breakfast tea and coffee
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Three nights here cost £600. The hotel has a great view over Tower Bridge and is situated at St.Katherines dock. Is a great location but depends on where you're staying. It cost us a fortune in taxis getting around. I know we could get the tube but there was 3 of us so was pretty much the same price.
On check in there was a problem. The staff weren't able to sort it there and then. Be aware that you also don't pay at the end of the stay, you have to prepay for meals, drinks, etc. I've never stayed anywhere with this policy before.
The room was standard in size and was clean. I could only have heating which made the room very warm. There was no control to change the temperature. I had to open the window to cool it down but it was 0c outside!the television didn't work properly in the room. The towels felt like sandpaper. Not soft and fluffy.
Our plan was to eat in the hotel restauraunt every night but after the first night, we changed our minds. It was a lovely clean restauraunt with a lovely view. The food however was pretty average. It looked good but that was about it.
The other issue I had was that all members of staff (apart from the concierge) was foreign. Some struggled with basic English. Not sure how that's supposed to work, working in an English hotel! I would've preferred to have a couple of English speaking people around.
I would stay here again but only if the price was extremely cheap. For £600, it was not worth the money. In fact, not even half of it!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had stayed in this Hotel often until around 10 years ago and it was lovely to be back, this time on a leisure break,

The hotel's location is excellent and considering it is a 1970s building, the foyer and public areas are bright, modern and elegant. The rooms can be slightly small but ours (10th floor) was very pleasant, new decor and fittings and wonderful views of Tower Bridge, the river and city skyline.

Well worth having a room on one of the upper floors with a river view.

We dined twice in the Brasserie restaurant - excellent food, very welcoming and attentive staff and reasonably priced for a hotel such as this in London. Drinks and wine are not expensive considering where you are. Breakfast is expensive but very nice - pay in advance when you check-in!

All Staff were very helpful and welcoming and The Tower is just a nice place to be. Very well situated and easy to travel to and from.

We'll be back and we'd have no hesitation in recommending The Tower.

Room Tip: River view rooms would be our choice but the other rooms look on to St Katharine's Dock which is lovely too
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post and for recommending us,
It is really great that you returned to the hotel after 10 years and that your recent stay was so positive. I have shared your comments with the Brasserie team who were thrilled to learn your praise for the meal and service.
I hope that we won’t have to wait so long for your next visit.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

A bargain £66 secured us a luxury double room in the Guoman January sale! This made our trip excellent value for money - although at full price I guess I might have been a little disappointed. We had a stunning view of Tower Bridge, with the Shard behind it, which was lovely both at night and the next morning. The room had been partially refurbished, and although the exterior of the hotel is rather dated (in a bad way) the cheery staff with a can-do attitude made up for it.

Our TV didn't work (we don't seem to be the only ones...) but we didn't bother with it anyway. A complimentary Saturday FT (best day of the week for the FT!) kept us quite after a hectic day at the Boat Show.

We had supper in a restaurant round the corner in St Katherine's dock - there's plenty within an easy walk of the hotel to choose from. The location near to the Tower Gateway DLR made for an easy journey out to Excel.

It's not 5 star like its sister hotel The Royal Horseguards, but was good value for what we wanted this stay. Guoman certainly seem to have well-trained and pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room with a view - most seem to have it and it would be SO disappointing if yours didn't!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your post,
I am glad you took advantage of our January online sale and found the team to be pleasant and well trained. We run promotions throughout the year so I hope you will keep in touch with us via our website and social media pages for future deals.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have stayed at this big hotel a few times before and it generally offers a consistent service/product. During this visit check-in was efficient although I found the attempt to upsell me to a superior room when I requested breakfast be included slightly sharp practice - to include breakfast was £12 but the room upgrade was c. 5 times that cost! I had a room overlooking the River Thames and Tower Bridge - these views were absolutely stunning and probably the major justification for the premium pricing (although I may not be saying this if my room did not have such a good outlook). My room was clean and well decorated but the overall design of the room and furnishings are slightly dated - in my view ready for a major refurbishment. I did not eat dinner at the hotel but did have breakfast and found the service to be efficient and friendly even though the restaurant was very busy - the breakfast buffet had a reasonable choice including an omlette bar. The large turnover could possibly have been a problem but at the time I was there all the food look fresh and appetising.
On the downside, I did have problems with my bill, including bar bills being charged to my room that were not mine - my bill was eventually corrected but I was waiting at check-out for 20 minutes while they sorted it out - I think that this is totally unacceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Tower Bridge for stunning views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your post,
I’m sorry to read that having stayed with us before on this occasion; we let you down at check out. I regret that items were incorrectly charged to your bill and I understand how frustrating the time taken to resolve this must have been for you.
I hope that you will return to enjoy the service you have received previously and allow us the chance to restore your faith in the team.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The external Brutalist architecture is initially off-putting but do not jump to negative conclusions:the interior is large,airy and modern in design enhanced by fresh flowers and contemporary art.
Although the rooms are quite small the view compensates.The contrast between the neo-Gothic Tower Bridge and the futuristic "Shard" is fascinating.
All members of staff are courteous and efficient and are,in my opinion,the hotel's greatest strength.

Room Tip: Up-grade to an Executive Suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your post,
I’d like to thank you for your kind comments about the team and I’m glad the view from your room made such an impression on you.
I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.