“Great Staff - Perfect for one night”
Review of The Tower

The Tower
Ranked #275 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I got a great rate from Last Minute for this hotel and even though it was 'only' a standard double, the room was perfectly fine (and big for a London hotel room), and had wonderful views over St Katherine's Dock.

Easy to get to (4 minutes walk from Tower Hill Tube), and extremely friendly check-in staff (their computer systems were down and even in that environment, they were efficient, friendly and just really welcoming - not a given in London), plus the doorman advised I might need an umbrella (I'd left mine upstairs so he provided me with one), etc etc.

I'd left my phone charger at home so they even offered to charge my phone for me on the concierge's desk.

I've looked at this hotel for a while when needing a hotel room in London and the outside appearance has put me off but inside, the hotel is absolutely fine (albeit slightly dated as others have said), and for the price I paid, it was a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thanks for your post,
I am so pleased to read that despite previous doubts, you were happy with your stay. I am sorry that our system was down when you arrived but I am glad that the team handled the situation positively and I’d like to thank you for your patience and understanding.
I hope you can visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Tower

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My first stay at this hotel and it was lovely, I booked with Omega travel and paid a bit more for a Tower Bridge room, when I went in room I was thrilled with the view I got looking down the river and right opposite Tower Bridge! Room was lovely too with nice comfy bed and bedding and with fridge. Nice breakfast of hot and cold choices. I liked the spacious foyer area and wide staircase going up to the first floor bar area, meals are cheaper here than one downstairs but both serve lovely meals. At night I enjoyed watching the boats going past with people having parties! It was just before the Olympics started so they were rehearsing the lighting show on Tower Bridge which was spectacular both from the room and at ground level of different colour changing lights. The only thing that I was disappointed about is that there is no complimentary tea/coffee facilities in the room which I missed. Nice to wander round the river area at night and hotel looks onto St Katherine's dock. Hotel is near Tower Hill tube station and just over road is the Tower Bridge Experience.

Room Tip: Any room looking onto Tower Bridge and river will be excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thanks for your post,
I am glad your first stay with us was so successful. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided in every room so I am really sorry if this was missing from your room and I hope that you brought this to the attention of the team.
I hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed on business for two nights. The location is stunning - alongside Tower Bridge, the Tower of London and St Katherine's Dock. The hotel is well equipped for business, including free high speed WiFi. Room was compact and not cheap, but you are paying for the location. Staff are excellent, rooms very clean and well equipped - ironing board, iron, tea/coffee etc. Only drawback was lack of a/c cooling in the room ? Restaurant looks expensive, but there are lots of good eating places in the Docks nearby. Good place for a single traveller on business for one or two nights.

Room Tip: I had Room 645 on the corner looking out over the bridge. Stunning sight up river if you have not se...
1  Thank Gerrymulvaney

Thanks for your post,
I am pleased to read that the hotel suited your needs and you found the room clean and well equipped. We offer an early dining 3 course menu for £25.00 per person before 7pm each day in our Brasserie so do ask the team about this the next time you stay.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed for business travel at that hotel for 2 nights and I was surprised to see the nice view of the marina at st. Katharine from the window. The location is just on the bank of Themes 1 minute walk from the famous Tower Bridge.

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post and for your picture of St Katharine Docks. We are lucky to have such a unique location so close to the Docks and Tower Bridge.
I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel is located right next to Tower Bridge. We have stayed a few times now, and have always had a good view of either the bridge or St Katharine's dock.

The hotel itself is quite luxurious, although it is obvious that it is a few years old - could definitely do with a few more lifts! The rooms that we have stayed in have always been of a high quality, particularly considering what we paid for them. We haven't used the restaurant, but the view from the bar on the first floor is quite spectacular.

We have always found it superb value, but you need to check for a deal. At the right times it can be cheaper than a Travelodge or Premier Inn, I know where I would prefer to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your post,
I am glad you have enjoyed your previous stays with us. Do keep in touch with us via our website and social media pages as we run promotions throughout the year and it would be great to update you when our next offer is available.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Overall hotel feels like 1980. Marble and dark carpets. Very dated from every perspective (rooms and common areas). Room on 4th floor was very noisy. Could hear every door opening and closing near and above my room. Shower felt dirty (who still uses a curtin ??), and water temp kept changing. There is no a/c in room. Bfast was ok. Nothing special at all. With very expected and basic variety. Location is poor. What's so interesting beeing near tower bridge? You see it once and then you are stuck far away from everything. I won't be back.

Thanks for your post,
I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of updating our rooms and public areas so I appreciate your comments on this. Whilst our location is a key factor for many of our guests I am sorry it was not convenient for you.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed in The Tower hotel and found the staff very efficient and the hotel facilities and amenities were of a high standard. Our room, on the second floor was of very good spec except the bathroom which had mould on the ceiling and all around the bath in the sealant.
After our stay I emailed the manager and sent some photographs of the mould, without hesitation we were invited to stay again for free in one of the upgraded rooms on the higher levels. When we were shown into our room a waiter soon arrived and served us with wine in our room and we were given a note personally written by the manager apologising for our first experience. We had no complaints with the second occasion and it demonstrated that the hotel has excellent management who go out of their way to provide a service to customers and to make the best experience possible for guests. I would certainly stay at the hotel again due to the customer service we were given

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your post
I am so pleased to read that despite a disappointing first stay with us, you gave us the opportunity to restore your faith. Your kind comments are testament to the hard work the team delivers every day and I am thrilled that now you would not hesitate to stay with us again. I hope you will visit us soon.