8,200 results
All reviewsst katherine's dockbridge viewxi barguoman towertower hill tube stationexecutive roomfantastic locationbit datedlarge hotelan upgradethe club loungetheatre breaklovely roomstayed here for one nightfull englishcooked breakfasttea and coffee
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed here for my partners birthday, splashed out over £200 for 1 night and expected a nice spacious room and access to the VIP lounge with free drinks and snacks all day a little bit of luxury for his birthday. When I arrived I checked in and the VIP lounge was mentioned so off I went to have a look. Our room was nice with a lovely view of the harbour however quite small. Then I went to have a look at the lounge only to be told by a member of staff that it is closed on the weekends, I had seen something about it not being staffed at the weekends but specifically called before I booked to check and was told it was open. I was very annoyed as this is the only reason I had paid so much money for a room. To be fair reception dealt with it very well giving us breakfast vouchers, a bottle of champagne & some drinks vouchers. It is a really nice hotel in a lovely location. My only other moan is that despite being in one of the premium deluxe rooms there was no free wifi, £10 per day, I'm sorry but in this day and age I find that outrageous when paying so much to stay somewhere. If days inn give you free wifi at £25 a night then so should this place. Breakfast was tasty with lots on offer.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank ANON24Essex
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thanks for your post,
I’m so sorry to read that you were misinformed about the closure of the Guoman lounge at weekends and the disappointing effect this undoubtedly had on your stay. I am glad to read that the reception team were able to resolve the situation however I will certainly address the initial miscommunication. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and certainly appreciate your comments regarding Wi-Fi; this is a service which is under review as we strive to improve our guest’s experience.
I hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel in an excellent location with stunning views. My room overlooked the St Katharine dock lock gates, and there was always something to see. The boats coming and going were endlessly fascinating.

During my stay, I lost my phone in the back of a taxi. The hotel staff did all they could to help and went above and beyond the call of duty. Due to their efforts, my phone was recovered. I have never experienced such friendly hotel staff before and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank skywardsword

Thanks for your post,
I am thrilled to read that the team were able to assist in recovering your lost phone. The whole team work incredibly hard to deliver first class service everyday and your experience is testament to this. I’m glad you would definitely return and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Noticed a big difference in my trip in May as I didn't take the option to upgrade to a better room and ended up on the 1st floor. Wallpaper peeling off or scrapped off in the corridors and the rooms, frayed carpets, it could have been a different hotel! Service still very good from all of the staff, hotel location excellent, room service quick and efficient but they should extend the makeover to all floors as it really let the hotel down, but then i suppose you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Don't pick the 1st floor or any floor that hasn't been refurbished!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for post,
We’re currently in the process of refurbishing our bedrooms with the majority already completed. The next phase includes the first floor and I’d be happy to keep you updated on our ongoing improvement works.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Great Hotel with fantastic views of Tower Bridge, The Thames or St Katherine Docks.
Very comfortable with friendly and helpful staff.
It rained all weekend but that did not stop Alan, The Doorman from standing outside all weekend arranging taxis for the guests. He still had a smile on his face even though he must have been soaked through.
There are plenty of eating places/bars/shops at St Katherine Docks if you don't want to eat at the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear reviewer,
Thanks for your post,
I’m delighted to read your lovely feedback about the team in particular Alan and I will certainly share your kind comments with him.
Thanks also for recommending us and I hope you’re able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Hotel based in an excellent location. Looks awful from the outside but very comfortable in the hotel. I feel the price is far too expensive for a bed for the night especially when no breakfast is included.
Reception is well organised although some staff are very slow.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for your post,
I appreciate your comments about reception and will address this with the team. We do offer rates including breakfast and discounted breakfast vouchers are available to purchase from reception for £12.00 per day.
I hope we are able to welcome you back again soon.