I use this hotel quite frequently with work and also for the odd weekend when I'm staying up in town. It's a pretty safe choice. Firstly one thing to point out that this is a business hotel with automated check in (which depending on your viewpoint) is quick and convenient. You put your credit card in the machine and it issues a card key and a slip with your room number and rate. There are staff on reception if you need help.
There are four room types going up £20 a size, the studios and suites have a small kitchenette. The smallest room type being cozy but it's not as bad as some of the West End hotels. The standard and studio rooms are fine by USA city standards. The suites have a separate sitting and desk area but the ones I've stayed in are exactly two separate rooms. All rooms are furnished to the same business like standard, not luxe but smart and clean.
Beds are really comfortable and bed linen pretty good. Most rooms have wet rooms with a large shower, from memory the suites have tubs. The hotel is in a renovated office or bank building and so some of the rooms are odd shaped and some are a little dark. They have good aircon but the heating is a also from the same unit and it's a bit drying overnight.
There is a restaurant on site but I've not used it as I always like the delivery service which means you can get anything you want delivered from a large selection of restaurants from TGI's to Sushi to burgers or Indian, basically whatever you want is on the menu. Cooled filtered water and bottles are free from each lift landing, there is also a kettle/coffee maker in each room. Plus good free WiFi.
The location may be a little different for a foreign visitor but once you figure out that Bank Station is just behind the property it's a few stops into Oxford Circus or Tottenham Court Road for the West End. Having worked in the City I like the "Square Mile" at the weekend, you could almost walk in the road all day it's so quiet. Plus there is the bonus of all the historic sites on your doorstep, Tower Bridge and the Tower is 5 minutes walk and St Paul's and the Tate about 10. Walk in the opposite direction past Liverpool Street and you've got the Markets and Brick Lane (for famous Indian food) and Shoreditch has a number of cool bars. If you have a late night in the West End a taxi will cost around £20 if you miss the last tube or there are frequent night buses. The location may be a bit quiet but it is safe.
At the weekend there is a large Tesco opposite Liverpool Street and inside the station are M&S, Boots the Chemist and Mc Donalds and Burger King etc. During the week evening dining in the city is not a problem and there is the Cross Keys pub next door to the hotel.
On balance this hotel is excellent value, It's not full service but for £66 a night it is very hard to find a better deal in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters Hotel, Gracechurch provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere with 203 rooms located in the historic district of the City of London. Minutes from Leaden Hall Market shopping area and close to the Tower of London, London Bridge and St. Paul's Cathedral. Nestled among charming pedestrian streets linking London's ancient churches, parks and public houses. Club Quarters provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast, free self check-in and check-out• Fast, free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 2 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 100 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel, Gracechurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Gracechurch Hotel London
- Hotel Quarters Gracechurch
- Quarters Gracechurch Hotel
- Club London Quarters
- Club Quarters London
- Club Quarters Hotel, Gracechurch London, England