“Quality hotel!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch
Ranked #494 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had a five night stay at this fab hotel - fantastic experience - lovely ambiance - staff extremely friendly and helpful - décor tasteful and discrete - food great and plenty to choose from - cleanliness top quality - location just 2 minute walk off Oxford Street

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear GabrielB,

Thats a great review, thank you so much for sharing it with us and the TA community its very much appreciated.

We look forward to being of service again in the future.

James

Write a ReviewReviews (1,642)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was made purely for convenience but I'm glad we chose this hotel. The staff were always attentive, friendly and polite. The self-service breakfast was piping hot and tasty and the waitress who served us coffee and toast was very obliging; nothing was too much trouble for her. The only downside was that out of the three rooms that I booked (all at the same price) mine had frosted windows as the view outside was appalling. I think this room should be at a slightly lower rate.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

That’s such great news we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our DoubleTree, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was one of those holidays that you need another holiday to recover once you have returned home :).The hotel was simply amazing,even the lift smelled like heaven. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.It is within reach of everything you need to see around London.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Blerina Q

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband, 5 month old baby and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while travelling over the Xmas/New Year period from Australia. It was brilliant service from start to finish. The concierge (sorry did not catch his name, he was middle eastern, I think) went out of his way to help us - organised a late check out (1pm, normally 12pm), recommended tours and passes, organised an airport drop off suitable for all 3 of us with all our extra luggage. The breakfast, careline, reception and luggage staff were all great as well - bringing us hot water to heat up bottles in, finding us umbrellas, assisting us with carrying the pram up and down the stairs, minding the pram while we ate downstairs etc. The careline brought me forks (when we were eating in), deodrant for my hubby and a firm pillow to our room when I requested it. Although our request for a courtyard facing room was not done, we had a room on the third floor, street facing and had no issues with noise, even with bub. The room was lovely, though small (common in London), everything was neat and tidy, all the finishes were spot on, lovely decorated, no dirt or mould in the bathrooms, very modern. Cleaners did a good job cleaning it, even airing it one day. I had been tossing up whether to stay at the Thistle across the road or this one, and from what I have seen of the photos, the Hilton wins hands down for room quality. Internet in the business centre is free. Breakfasts were great, and staff willingly offer and wrap up food from it that you can take with you during the day. The Fitness Centre was small, but well equipped, including gym mats in which I could do my physio stretches on. The location of the hotel is great - a block off Oxford St, great pubs a short walk either side of the hotel, and Marble Arch tubes and buses a short 5 min walk away, which was great with bub (the wetherspoon pub down the road will have bubs till 8pm). Not a huge reception/lobby area or afternoon tea area to entertain visitors when they arrive, but rather small and serviceable. Loved the brownies on arrival. Umbrella's readily available when we ventured out. Minor things noted which nonetheless did not detract from our stay - in rooms, no hair conditioner, no clothesline, towels a little scratchy, no bathrobes. Also no lift down to the breakfast room, which meant you had to carry baby/bassinettes down one flight of stairs. Note a fridge is provided but not stocked with minibar items, which we did not mind, as could store our food and bottles in it. But really, we loved our stay, and would recommend the hotel unreservedly.

Room Tip: We stayed in 326 and had no issues with noise, even when travelling with baby. Note if you have a f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Wow...that’s such great news we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our DoubleTree, we hope to see you again soon.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, its much appreciated.
Kindest regards to you and the family.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a great location to west end. Staff were friendly approachable and very polite as well as accommodating to your every need. But I must say if you are meeting up with friends to have a drink and a catch up please choose another bar. The bar area is so small it felt as if you were tucked away in the hallway no lovely surroundings no window the toilets behind you and a small bar in front with a huge tv on the wall. No space to have private conversation. Nice hotel pity about the bar.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to alert us, we appreciate it very much. I have to agree that the Bar is not massive it hold approximatle 20 persons seated and guests often use all areas of the Lounges and Lobby. Space in our DoubleTree is very tight but we do have plans to extend the Lounge later this year.
I do hope that we can be of service again in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Me and my girlfriend went to this hotel a few days ago after booking afternoon tea. First impressions where that the hotel looked nice and modern and in a good location. After arriving I was told that there was no booking under my name. I showed the waitress my email confirmation which was met by a response of 'I will have to check with the manager'. The manager came and eventually we were seated. Service was poor, champagne which was included in the package never arrived, and the burly doorman was loud and crude in his conversation about everything ranging from the football scores, the weather, and what time he was finishing work. As well as this the cleaner kept popping in and out every five minutes to collect cleaning products in a room close to the 'restaurant'. Overall, a hotel not deserving of the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackw1254

Dear Guest,

That is very poor on our behalf, please accept our appologies. What I would suggest is that perhaps I can offer you another table in the future so that we can get it right! I would appreciate if you could email me and I will arrange this for you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to alert us, we appreciate it very much.
I do hope that we can be of service again in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Here's my review, based on our 9B criteria

* Bedroom – good size with reasonable area to work, but there is also a bit of a ‘boudoir’ theme going on, demonstrated by the chairs with their purple and burnt orange upholstery, which means that both the business and the leisure traveller can be happy with the environment. There is a safe, iron/ironing board & large TV – even proper coat hangers! Having said that, I was in one of the basement rooms, and mobile reception was very poor; the walls were thin; and I seemed to be directly under a thoroughfare with a hard floor, which was quite noisy. Avoid staying down there.
* Bed – felt far too soft when first sitting down, but I had a great night’s sleep.
* Bathroom – a little small, with a three-quarter bath but a very refreshing ‘rain shower’ and Buck Rogers toilet (HT Alan Partridge) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKGMEA2eeBQ). Premium toiletries.
* Breakfast – did not have it here, not included in the rate. Would expect it to be good.
* Bar – the boudoir theme is kept up here, with bright colours and patterns. There is a second area which is more restrained but both places are great to have a pre-dinner drink. Good selection of drinks; beer fans will be happy with the Kirin, Quilmes and London Pride options.
* Bods – staff are very good here. I was even checked in my 2 people at the same time to make it quick. It was nice to receive the well-advertised welcome cookie, but I can’t help but feel it is a little overhyped. The website mentions it, even the advert on the taxi door mentions it, but it is just a tasty (and slightly greasy) biscuit. I get the ‘warm welcome’ idea, but something else might deliver it better.
* Budget – it was one of the most expensive places I have stayed this year, but it is understandable, given that it was just pre-Christmas and it is in the ideal spot for the Oxford St and beyond.
* Back (i.e. would we return?) – I would not avoid it but would probably want to try somewhere different.
* Beyond the hotel...there is so much going on around Oxford Street that the visitor will be spoilt for choice.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement unless you *want* to be out of mobile reception!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business