Here's my review, based on our 9B criteria
* Bedroom – good size with reasonable area to work, but there is also a bit of a ‘boudoir’ theme going on, demonstrated by the chairs with their purple and burnt orange upholstery, which means that both the business and the leisure traveller can be happy with the environment. There is a safe, iron/ironing board & large TV – even proper coat hangers! Having said that, I was in one of the basement rooms, and mobile reception was very poor; the walls were thin; and I seemed to be directly under a thoroughfare with a hard floor, which was quite noisy. Avoid staying down there.
* Bed – felt far too soft when first sitting down, but I had a great night’s sleep.
* Bathroom – a little small, with a three-quarter bath but a very refreshing ‘rain shower’ and Buck Rogers toilet (HT Alan Partridge) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKGMEA2eeBQ). Premium toiletries.
* Breakfast – did not have it here, not included in the rate. Would expect it to be good.
* Bar – the boudoir theme is kept up here, with bright colours and patterns. There is a second area which is more restrained but both places are great to have a pre-dinner drink. Good selection of drinks; beer fans will be happy with the Kirin, Quilmes and London Pride options.
* Bods – staff are very good here. I was even checked in my 2 people at the same time to make it quick. It was nice to receive the well-advertised welcome cookie, but I can’t help but feel it is a little overhyped. The website mentions it, even the advert on the taxi door mentions it, but it is just a tasty (and slightly greasy) biscuit. I get the ‘warm welcome’ idea, but something else might deliver it better.
* Budget – it was one of the most expensive places I have stayed this year, but it is understandable, given that it was just pre-Christmas and it is in the ideal spot for the Oxford St and beyond.
* Back (i.e. would we return?) – I would not avoid it but would probably want to try somewhere different.
* Beyond the hotel...there is so much going on around Oxford Street that the visitor will be spoilt for choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, located in the heart of the West End just steps from Oxford Street, Marble Arch, Hyde Park and the Marble Arch Station on the Central Line. Enjoy proximity to the shoppers' paradise of Oxford Street, Regent Street and Bond Street as well as famous landmarks such as Madam Tussauds. Our friendly staff will greet you with a delicious DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. This London hotel, housed in a historic 18th century building, was recently refurbished to include modern contemporary interiors. Work out in our newly refurbished fitness center, 6am - 9pm, or unwind in a comfortable guest room. Stay connected with WiFi or refresh in the stylish bathroom with rain shower, speakers and mist mirrors. Relax on a comfortable bed as you watch a movie on the 40-inch HDTV. Upgrade to a luxurious suite for additional space and amenities, including a separate living area. Complimentary WiFi is available in public areas of our London hotel. Hold a business or social event at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, which offers a complimentary 24-hour business center and eight flexible and modern conference spaces. Start each day with a delicious breakfast at our extensive buffet and unwind each evening with a drink in our Indigo Lounge Bar. Enjoy a casual meal in our on-site Indian fusion restaurant, Fire & Spice, or indulge in fine dining at Texture, our superb Michelin Star Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western London
- London Best Western
- Mostyn Hotel London
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch England