DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch
Ranked #385 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
“Stay here !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Just after staying in this hotel & to be honest I would stay here again !
From the hot cookies on arrival to a daily paper delivered to your room it was amazing.
One fault (only minor) is the windows are old which let the heat escape so the room was very cold at times.
We didn't eat the hotels breakfast. We brought bowls with us & bought cereal in sainsburys up the road.
Hotel is literally a 30 second walk to penny's & 1 minute walk to the tube station. One tip is: prepay for Oyster cards before you depart for your holiday. It made travelling around London so easy !
I really hope to return here :-)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank lmcgroder
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Wow...thats great to hear that you enjoyed it so much. The team and I are deleighted!
Thank you also for taking the time to post your comments.
James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

very comfortable hotel, good quality and size rooms especially for London. great location just off Oxford Street, so right in the heart of it.

Breakfast was fine, nothing exciting but ok. Price? well London is expensive and this is in the tourist centre, but one night here = 4 nights further north.

Could do with a second lift

Room Tip: Floor 1 would be my view - only one lift so you wait for ages.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Turtle5954
Portsmouth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my daughter. Got a good rate for room and breakfast and allocated a room on second floor. Obviously not a renovated one as rather dark and dingy with little space. Bathroom brighter but only a few of the essentials listed were provided. My big problem was the heating. It was a very cold day and our room was freezing. So cold in fact that my daughter climbed into bed fully clothed to keep warm! Despite turning temperature up to 26 degrees there was no improvement so called their care line. Was told the heating setting for the room was set low and they would turn it up. This made no difference so on asking again we were provided with a fan heater to warm us up. Thank goodness for it but I don't expect to have a noisy blowing fan heater balanced on the desk in my room when you are paying London rates. Also was asked if I wanted a morning paper but it never materialised. Had to ask for the breakfast request forms which were meant to be in our room pack. All these things are small niggles but not what you expect from a 4 star hotel. Have never had to ask for so many things for a one night stay but must emphasise that the staff were courteous and charming throughout. However will choose another hotel if staying in the area again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AlexH522013
Dear Guest I was very saddened to see that your stay was less than satisfactory. I have immediately forwarded this to the GM who I know has investigated your comments in detial.
We totally agree that you should expect a great experience form us.
Please do accept my sincerest appologies for this situation.
I hope that you might see your way to using us again in the future, perhaps you would be kind enough to contact me should another visit to London arise. This way we can at least have the opportunity to show you what service adjustments have been applied.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

In London in January for a shopping trip, and chose this hotel for location. Have stated in other Doubletree hotels so thought safe bet and we were right. This is an amazing location with Oxford Street practically on the doorstep. Bars and restaurants walkable and obviously a haven for shoppers. On arrival we were greeted by lovely reception staff, and as per a previous reviewer, even though we were very early, they had a room available for us straight away. Warm chocolate chip cookie to welcome us (nice touch) and nice bedroom and shower room.
All in all I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for value for money in fantastic location in London.
Would happily return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments! Its great for all the team here to know that you had such a great time with us.

I do hope that we will see you again very soon....It will be our pleasure.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We arrived at 9am and check-in was at 2pm so we asked if we could leave our suitcase there and come back later.... the member of staff behind the reception said that this wasn't a problem at all and took our details.

Amazingly he said he has a room available for us straight away and we can check-in now if that's ok - to which we, ofcourse, said "yes". To top it off we go 2 gorgeous cookies.

The room was huge, the bed massive and the view amazing. We were incredibly happy.

The concierge was more than helpful - offering us tips on where to go and how to get there.

When we checked out we were allowed to keep our suitcase at the hotel and when we returned to collect it they remembered us. Said we can sit in the bar if we like (as it was raining).

When we, eventually, left the bar we were offered 2 more cookies as a good bye present :)

Only niggle about the whole experience would be that the breakfast was a bit cold - but still, it was very tasty.

If you are looking to stay at this hotel then all I can say is "Do it!"

Room Tip: We had the deluxe king size room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Norwichjase
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear NorwichJase,

Wow what a glowing posting, thank you so much form myself and all the team, i am so glad that we had the opportunity of being of service. I really is our pleasure.

Thank you again...

Kindest regards

Macclesfield, Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

As a central London hotel, you would expect some noise throughout the night and I wasn't let down. The staff were very courteous, polite and efficient. The room was excellent, a very comfortable bed, great LCD TV and pleasant bathroom. A tad on the small side though, but this is to be expected for this location.
The only let down was the breakfast. I was greeted with the usual "Please can I have your room number sir", I replied but they could not find it on their list! I insisted that I had pre-booked and they duly let me sit down! This was not a one off and other guests were not so lucky. A guy sitting near me was challenged again politely by the maitre d'. As his room wasn't on the list he was asked to pay £22!!! Unsurprisingly he got up and walked out, leaving his half eaten breakfast behind!! The breakfast was OK, but certainly not worth £22, in his situation I would have done the same.

I later checked my booking and indeed breakfast was included, I wonder if the chap who walked out did the same?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alex H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on your experience at the Hotel. I am very pleased that overall you enjoyed it however saddened to see that Breakfast was not so good.
The General Manager has met with the team and found out why the system was not working. we are now confident that this is resolved.
I do hope that we will be able to be of service to you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as my 40th.
Very clean
Fantastic location
Modern with mod cons
Staff are very polite and deserve recognition
Will defo stat here again
Easy access from underground station from Liverpool Victoria street. Only 7 stops away
Have not tried the food, but bin sure it would be as good as it could be
When we return to London, I'm sure this hotel will be on the top of our list.

• Stayed February 2013
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Stu1860,

We would all like to thank you for the review you have posted, its very motivatinal for the team and I to know that we are pleasing our delighting our customers its great news!.

Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to post your review its much appreciated.

Kindest regards