“Best service!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch
Ranked #432 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Recently had a brilliant 3 night stay in this hotel. Good location, as the name would suggest it is just around the corner from the marble arch, hyde park and the tube. It is also very convenient to the marble arch stop of the hop on hop off tour bus which is recommended if you only have a short time in London. Very convenient hotel if your in London to shop, about a 10 minute walk to oxford circus with many stores such as Zara and Topshop along the way. We didn't try the breakfast, however there is quite good costa coffee directly across the road from the hotel and if you take a short walk down Oxford st you can find many great cafes. Our favourite was Le Pain Quotidien (33 Great Portland St) which served amazing fresh and organic food and also the best almond croissants ever! There is also a good small hotel bar. The staff and service at the hotel really was amazing, particularly the concierge Raymond, he really went above and beyond. Definitely 5 star service in terms of the little extras such as a much appreciated hot welcome cookie when we arrived at the hotel at 6am from a 22 hour flight. We were certainly not expecting to get into the room that early in the morning, but after about 20 minutes they had a room ready for us which is so uncommon for European hotels and so appreciated after such a long flight. We were in a king guest room from hotels.com and although not big, was all we needed for our base in London with great value for money. Very large and comfortable bed and also good heating in winter. With the thick curtains closed you could barely hear the street noise and it was easy to sleep. Really reliable free wifi. The only issue we had with the room was that there is hardly any space to get between the end of the bed and the desk to the other side of the room. I think it would be better if they replaced the large desk chair with stools or something that can be stored under the desk when not in use. Other than this we would greatly recommend staying at this brilliant London hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lolaa22
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear HML22,

Wow what can we say but thank you so much for a very detailed fantastic review. I am sure others will find it helpful as well.

I took a look at the chair and yes I think that you are right it needs replacing with something smaller.

Once again thank you so much and we are glad that you liked DoubleTree Marble Arch.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nicely renovated hotel in a very good location with somewhat tight corridors & rooms. Review based on a one night stay in January (background of spending 80+ nights per year in different hotels around the globe).

Location:
Quite nicely located just away from the hassle of Oxford Street but still very close to plenty of shops & restaurants so walking distance to many sights and things to do. Also easy access to Hyde Park for a bit of walk, the Marble Arch tube station is just a stone’s throw away with convenient access to other parts of London via Central line.

Room:
I had a basic room in 3rd floor, facing the inner yard. Room (as the rest of the hotel) has been clearly completely renovated recently, it was very clean with no signs of usage anywhere. Décor was modern without being too modern. Size of the room was rather limited but enough for me as a single traveler. Basic equipment such as large LCD TV but also something extra such as USB & HDMI plugs. Bathroom was clearly better than typical London hotel offering, for example I think this was the first one I’ve seen with rainfall shower.

Some noise from the corridor, otherwise quiet stay.

Complimentary offering consisted of water bottle and fruit selection.

Etc:
Check-in was fast and efficient with the trademark warm cookie.

Continental breakfast included as Gold benefit, rather limited selection with nothing too fancy but still enough to get the day started so no real complaints there. For more selection one could order also the hot breakfast.

As this is an old residential building the corridors are narrow with some additional stairs along the way and the elevator is small so if you like to travel with supersized luggage, wheelchair or similar there could be some issues.

Would I return there?
Why not if the price is right, it’s a nicely renovated hotel in a good location

2  Thank dadsasdasd
Reviewed January 25, 2013

There is no faulting the location of this Doubletree - just a block behind the top end of Oxford Street at Marble Arch and minutes from Marble Arch tube.

My room was in the basement (which I wouldn't ordinarily be thrilled with - but it was a 1 night business stay, so I didn't have time to look out of the window anyway). The room was tastefully furnished and fairly large for a London room - no complaints there.

My only issue was some odd service - I decided to take a bath before bed but found I had no plug. I called Reception to have one sent down, but instead got a visit from a member of staff to 'check I didn't have a plug'. Once they had established I wasn't lying (!!!) they suggested I move to a room where the bath had a plug. I suggested that perhaps it would be more convenient if they just brought the plug from that room to me rather than me pack everything up and move all my belongings to where the plug was. Eventually a plug was brought...which fitted the sink, not the bath. Another call to Reception, another long discussion...it was getting late by this point and I was more than a little frustrated - I only wanted a bath! More than an hour later, a bath plug appeared, the bath was run and I got into it. No sooner had I got in, there was a knock at the door - Reception had come to apologise for the issues. Growl.

Besides the Fawlty Towers plug issue, it was a nice hotel and a good stay - so I recommend (but perhaps check you have a plug as soon as you get to the room??!!!!???)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Stevesbird,
Firstly can I add my appologies to this situation! I agree very Basil Faulty actions from the team however I am glad it was resolved in the end albeit rather interestingly!
Clearly a rom should never have been handed back as complete wnen clearly it wasnt..again I must applogise.
Thank you so much however for bringing this matter to our attention. nnedless to say this situation is now sorted and we will not see a repeat of it.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is smaller hilton hotel and has recently joined Hilton under the Doubletree brand. The hotel is generally of a good standard with smallish rooms and narrow corridors, my room was up a small flight of steps part way along the corridor which was ok for me but would have been a struggle for someone who could not lift their suitcase easily. Good connectivity options in the room with flat screen tv and relatively quiet air conditioning. The lighting had also been thought out and could be switched off from the bed unlike some other hiltons where most lights can be turned off from the bed apart from a few random lights that need to be switched off individually.

The location is very good at it is at the end of Oxford Street next to Marble Arch tube station so an easy walk to the west end if you want to explore London's shops on foot, or you can take a walk in Hyde Park or down Park Lane which is opposite the tube station.

To find the hotel from the tube take the north exit from Marble Arch tube station then turn left for 15m, left again for 20m and if you look down the first street on your right you will see the Hilton at the end of the street, it is opposite the entrance to the Thistle hotel.

Check in fast, no issues and the Doubletree warm cookie. I am a Hilton Diamond member so get free wifi but I think the wifi is free for all guests which is a nice touch.

I was getting the early morning Heathrow Express train from Paddington station so did not have time for Breakfast and the cost of a taxi to Paddington from the hotel (at 06:15) was £6 so if you are arriving from or going to Heathrow the hotel is also a good option.

Room Tip: If you have a heavy bag ask for a room on the same level as the lift

Dear Alex UK,
Thank you for taking time to post your comments regarding your stay let me tell you how pleased we all are that you enjoyed the Hotel so much.
We do look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Located just behind Oxford Street (Marble Arch end), the hotel is well placed for shopping or visiting the sights. Marble Arch underground station is 2 minutes away, making it very convenient for getting pretty much anywhere.

The welcome warm chocolate cookie might seem a bit corny (though the kids liked them) but the free broadband wifi was a nice surprise.

The room was OK, not great being a ground floor room, quite small, with an opaque window clearly looking out into the back of the hotel. It was however warm, comfortable and quiet.

Breakfast was a typical buffet with additional items available to order. The quality was generally good and there was plenty of choice. Staff were helpful and pleasant, if not particularly friendly.

Would use again, particularly at the rate we paid which was a little less than one of the major budget chains.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Haysie1

Dear Haysie1,

Firstly thank you for taking time to review your stay and share your comments...we really do appreciate it!

Secondly I am sorry that you felt that the team could have been a bit friendlier, we certainly discussed this point at our CARE meeting this week and i am confident next time you stay there will be a great improvement.

Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you all again very soon.

James Jude

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the weekend before Christmas and had a lovely experience at the marble arch Hilton.

- friendly / helpfull staff
-modern clean rooms
-marble arch station 5 mins walk
- parking right opposite £28-£40 24hr
- award winning restaurant "texture"

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kellyjcook
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so so much for a great review....the team and I are very pleased to havebeen of service....it really is our pleasure.

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your review

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I probably have been to London more than 40 times be it from Malaysia or from Europe and everytime I am thinking of where to stay, definitely I think of Hilton Hotel Marble Arch as a place to choose. Already familiar with the location, the surrounding and always attended by friendly staff. room is excellent,view is excellent, bathroom is excellent and what else to expect with money you spent.

1  Thank AZLIEFFENDI

Dear Guest thank you so much for the great review!

We are genuinely so pleased that you enjoyed it.

I hope on your next trip you will be staying again with us.

Kindest regards and many thanks for taking the time to do this...