“please tip well”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch
Ranked #467 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 22, 2012

good location and a reasonable hotel. our room was below street level and was a reasonable size but the bathroom was very small. breakfast was ok. the only problem was on the saturday evening a noise which was very loud which was hotel staff having a rant about poor tipping and other general gossip. we didn't know where the noise was comming from but it lasted for 2 hours then stopped and wasn't heard again. suppose we should have rung reception but at first we thought it was people talking on the street. it would be nice to hear from the manager just what the source of this noise was. apart from that we would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank giles
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear guest....

Please accept my apologies for what has transpired! I am as I am sure you are very disappointed in my team. I have to confess that I am uncertain where they where however we will investigate further so that we can resolve the situation both in terms of the team and the noise transfer generally.

Despite this I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, once again thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Reserved an executive room and requested twin beds on high floor. Got floor two with double bed in a 2m x 3m postage stamp size room. Decor good, and location excellent, but very disappointed.
Will look elsewhere in future. We are regular Bestwestern customers worldwide.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bonnybluebell

Dear Guest,

Firstly please accept my sincerest apologies for us not picking up your correct room specifications. I have immediately asked my Reservations Manager to look into this matter as we cannot have this situation arising again.

As you can imagine our building is very old and as such the room sizes and shapes differ quite a lot, with this in mind I would very much like you to see them. I would be grateful that if you are planning another visit to London that you contact me personally so that I can make the arrangements for you.

We look forward to seeing you again and will attempt to make amends for this situation.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Perfect location and stylish hotel BUT:
was given a small and smelly room without a window for 200£ (Not sure whether this is the standard). The only way to get a window was to pay 40£ more to get an upgrade. As was wasting time at the reception, i decided not to pay.
Breakfast was not included in the 240£ rate (!) and as I had not open an account for the extras, and my wallet was in my room, I kindly asked the waiter to communicate to the reception. He could not do it so I had to do it (!) spending time at the reception - despite I was leaving after two days the hotel. A few minutes later, While having a shower and getting ready, I set up the iron table but the iron was leaking. I called the reception and the kind guy apologizing for the inconvenience asked me to swipe my credit card for the extras! I explained I would have done it just after my shower before leaving the hotel to go to work. (!)
This morning I discovered that breakfast on Saturdays starts at 8. Pity I have to be at work at 830.
BOTTOM LINE: inconveniently a big disappointment.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pietro1982
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post your thoughts regarding our Hotel. Let me start by saying how sorry I am that we did not meet your expectations in both our service and standard levels. The Manager and I have already embarked on a full review of your concerns so that they can be addressed.

You can see from your fellow trip advisor comments that it is not the normal situation at Mostyn, service and the staff are normally highly commended, on this occasion I think are systems might be getting in the way of good service!.

Once again thank you for highlighting this issue and allowing us the opportunity to make changes to our procedures that will benefit guests in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed in that hotel at the beginning of May. The hotel is lovely, the stuff is friendly, and the location is perfect. The breakfast buffet is nice. The only 2 comment I have:
1. The single room is a little small
2. You have to climb stairs to get to the room (from the elevator)
I will love to visit again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank tbeeri

Dear guest thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and very much hope to see you again soon.

With regards to our single rooms we have tried extra hard to make them as comfortable as possible.

Once again we appreciate your feedback...

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This hotel is so comfortable and convenient, right by Oxford Street and Marble Arch. It is a pity it is a little expensive but you get your money worth. This time the room was really quiet as it was at the back on the fourth floor.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ParisPeaprincess

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post your comments regarding our Hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I spent two nights in this hotel for business trip on 7-8 May 2012. The service was good and the staff were cheerful and helpful. Although the room wa on the Ground Floor, it was clean and comfortable. Enjoying The breakfast there is a prefect start for the day. Its location is great: close to the underground station and next to the Oxford Street. I had been to London several times and this hotel is so far the best one. I will certainly book again.

Chi-choi YUEN

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CCYuen
aristel7, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Marble Arch, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Firstly a big thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Secondly a thank you from us all for your very kind comments regarding the Hotel, its very motivational for us all.

We do hope that we will see you again soon...

Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 15, 2012

My first time in mostyn hotel.I was with my daugther.very nice staff and very nice hotel the location is good.Ray and Marun are very kind .

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ofra_s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding our Hotel and the team...I am sure they will be very pleased when they see there names highlighted...

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments...it is very much appreciated.