“Nice hotel”
Review of Astor Court Hotel

Astor Court Hotel
Ranked #610 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Nice hotel for a 4daytrip to londen. We liked the room the furniture was a bit old fachion, but the room was big as you stay most of the time outside everything was oke.
Breakfast was oke, nice girls and very clean .
Nearby are a lot of things to do or visit.
People who are negatif are people who are always complaining!!
You have value for your money!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 29, 2014

On the last night of my stay they sold my room to someone else and refuse to give me my money back for that last night. I have been extremely reasonable and they just don't reply to my emails. They try and get twice the rate for each night and rely on people not bothering to complain.
If you wish to wake up relatively refreshed in order to experience London... DO NOT STAY HERE!
Unless, that's what you like and you have money to burn and adore being ripped off, then feel free!

Room Tip: "Rooms in other Hotels are better, maybe find a nice park bench outside"
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
10  Thank Gantner-Caplan
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect. Very close to shopping and restaurants. Walking distance to Madame Tussades and hyde park for example.
I really liked our room. It was pretty big and very fresh. The cleaning was very good too! The staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel was located on a smaller street so there wasn't much disturbing noises. The breakfast was good too!
I would recommend this hotel!

Läget var verkligen perfekt. Nära till allt. Rummet var ganska stort och fint inrett. Städningen fungerade också bra. Eftersom hotellet låg på en lite mindre gata stördes man inte heller av ljud från trafik etc. Frukosten var bra.
Rekommenderar detta hotell.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank elswe
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I honestly don't know where to begin with this to be fair so I'll start with the positive - it's in a good location 5 minutes from Oxford Street and anything that you'd want to do in central London.
Ok so the negatives:
1) The bed vibrates in time with the lift so there was little or no chance of any sleep.
2) the constant banging of corridor fire doors that didn't fit properly added to the nights misery
3) the kettle cord didn't stretch to the plug sockets so you had to put the kettle on the floor (very safe)
4) I chose to have a sleep one afternoon and used the do not disturb sign on the outside of my door. The reception staff PHONED me to see if it was right that I didn't want disturbing and if I needed anything? Thereby 'disturbing' me!! I was beyond astounded. They went into my sisters room twice because they couldn't comprehend the do not disturb sign on her door!
At this point I expected Manuel or Sybil to appear - farce!!!
And was charged £500 for 3 nights for the privilege
Save your money and stay elsewhere, you have been forewarned!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank jeeves72
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed for one night to see a show at the London Palladium.We chose this hotel for its location that turned out to be a good choice.Our room was large and clean and we both had a good nights sleep.The staff were pleasant to us and although we arrived an hour and a half early they only made us wait 20 mins for the room we were on the fouth floor and yes we faintly heard the tube but it didn't bother us.
Breakfast was fine lots of choice and a very clean dining room.
We only paid £89 for the night so for what we got it was very good value for London.
Even if you paid for a high class hotel people would still find negatives,and yes we would stay here again.We had no problems.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladylynnc
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Normally we booked in the victoria blair and tudor inn, but it was so horrible that we decided to leave. Luckely i had bookig.com application on my smartphone.so that I found an hotel within our pricerange called 'astor court' hotel.it was an emergency choice. But i didn't regret it at all! I picked it for the amazing location because it is close to oxford street. T has large rooms with a corridord,a living room with a little sofa and a desk chair,a desk, a table a flatscreen tv. 2 seperate beds! That was important because it was a trip with my mother. A seperate bathroom and a seperate toilet.i must say that i loved the fact that the hotel was decorated in a retro style of the 1920,30's.but still it was comfortable,safe and quiet. The breakfast was good enough to fill our ummy's until noon or even later.the staff was very friendly and helpfull also did the hotel have an elevator. It was onoly one minute away of the bbc headquarters.i was stunned by their building!

I reccommend this hotel to everyone who wants a pleasant citytrip without any worries,because with rooms like that and staff like that you can only start and end your stay relaxed!

1  Thank Mitch V
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very uncomfortable bed! Waited 20 mins for a breakfast table and then took quite a bit of cheek from a staff member as they wanted to stop serving but people hadn't even had a chance to sit down yet and also wouldn't allow you to eat in your room. Rang reception to book a taxi only to rush down and find they never bothered to book it. They never told us they didn't and then told us it would be another 20min wait! Very understaffed hotel and the people they do get to work there are rude and clearly wants to be there even less than the guests!

Room Tip: Choose one somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family