“Comfortable rooms...good location...excellent pool!”

Hilton London Metropole
Ranked #594 of 1,073 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Visited for 4 nights with our kids...comfy rooms and quite spacious for Europe. Right across the street from 2 different Tube stations, so very convenient for transportation. Close to Paddington station to take the express train from Heathrow. Short 2-min cab ride from Paddington. Very good service by all employees of the hotel.

Wireless internet too expensive! Free internet in lobby was very spotty and almost worthless to us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the renovated part of the hotel! It's a longer walk from the front desk but w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton London Metropole

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just returned from a two night stay at this great hotel.The rooms were spacious and lovely. Customer service was excellent. We had to wait a while to check in, so they upgraded us to a suite! Well worth the wait! One of the best hotels I've stayed in in London. We were staying on floor 12 of the West Wing and the view was excellent. I'd definitely recommend.
I'm really shocked at the other TripAdvisor reviews to be honest! Clearly some people just love to complain!

Room Tip: Room 1274 has excellent views!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mmc_10704
Marketingteam, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear mmc_10704,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you experienced the level of service that we strive to achieve every day. Hilton London Metropole hopes to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Location, age and general guest amenities all questioned. Maybe convention or conference facilities acceptable but for a elderly couple the hotel was not user friendly. Did not feel safe in neighborhood, and no hotel help other than explaining "how far to walk to underground". Transportation not available from site?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Marketingteam, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent visit to Hilton London Metropole, where we welcome guests of all ages. We have a taxi rank just adjacent to the hotel so are very saddened to hear there were no services for you. We apologise if our staff was not more helpful when you asked for transportation possibilities. We will make sure that your feedback will be passed on to our team.
Thank you for your feedback, we hope you return to London again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We decided to book a lastminite secret hotel and ended up with the awful Hilton Metropole! On arrival the lobby and reception area are clearly the only areas recently refurbished and lead you to believe this is a nice hotel. After check in we were informed our standard double room wasn't ready and that we would be in a delux room on the 18th floor with a view. We excitedly arrived to our room only to find it dirty with tea stains on the carpet, ripped wallpaper, chipped tables, held together with duck tape!....YES DUCK TAPE, rotten radiator covers and the view was of a block of flats! Not the sort of people to normally complain we decided to mention that we were not happy to reception, who was polite and promised something better. We were moved to another non smoking delux room on the 21st floor. Although the room was better in decor it stank to high heaven of cigarettes! We opened all the windows we could and asked housekeeping to come in and freshen it up only to discover he stank worse than the cigarettes with the worst body odour problem ever! In the morning during a shower the smell of cigerettes was over whelming coming through the vents. I can safely say i will never stay in a hilton hotel neither will I recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Maria M
Marketingteam, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Maria M,

Thank you for your feedback from your last stay at London Hilton Metropole hotel.

We apologize for any shortfalls during your stay and would like to have to have the opportunity to investigate this matter further, therefore we will require some more details.

Can you kindly contact Natalia Rivilli, Assistant Operations Manager via e-mail: natalia.rivilli@hilton.com

Your sincerely,

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I was checked into a room which had a window facing a wall when I rand down and spoke to customer service manager I was told I booked a standard room when I told her yes I did but not a standard with a view of a wall she gave me a lecture on how the hotel was good enough to check me sin at 2 3o on instead of 3 pm and that if u wasn't happy to come down to reception with no help with my luggage no nothing what a good customer service that is from Hilton
When u got to reception she approached me with an attitude saying you want to change your room do you is said I wasn't happy with the way she dealt with this and could I speak to her manager she then stated to me that she had be patient with me and that I should have booked a different room
This was customer service at its worst I stay in hotels reg and fair play this one gets the prize for havering the worst customer service manager ever
The duty manager then arrived and took over with a diff attitude and said she was sorry something the other manager could find the word to say
I then went to a desk later where there is a poster with a pic of a guy from Hilton saying tell me your thoughts we want to know but guess what the holder for the comments cards was empty what a suprise
I have made comments about poor service at this hotel in the past and I have no doubt the reply to this would be a standard Hilton one
Maybe for a change the gm at this hotel will reply to all the issues raised

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Stevewales44
Marketingteam, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Sir

Thank you for sharing you feedback with us. I believe you spoke with our Assistant Operations Manager Leigh-Anne yesterday who was very happy to assist you.
Our Front of House Manager will be in further contact with you, we can assure you this is not our usual level of service provided.
We take your comments very seriously and most certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Due to a busy Sunday of departures our comment cards appear to have been popular, we have replaced these today and will always welcome our guests feedback. Please accept our most sincere apologies, we look forward to seeing you again. Should you need anything in the meantime please do not hesitate to ask Leighanne.thacker@hilton.com

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The title says it all really.

We booked an executive room and arrived at the hotel at 14:00. We then had to wait until 16:30 for the room to become available. The room was small, with old decor and a bathroom that had peeling paint on the wood and walls.We were so tired that we just accepted we would have to spend a week here.

The staff were friendly but many did not seem to know where various conference rooms were located. They obviously have significant staff turnover.

The restaurant was ok, but you will find much better Lebanese eateries close by.

The gym was very busy and after the first day I never bothered to return.

Overall I would suggest you find alternative locations when visiting London.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed at the Metropole this past February. The location is top notch, for the price it really cannot be beat. Only a short distance to the main tourist traps (Westminster, Oxford St.) and only a tube station away from Baker St. (More tourist traps). For a business traveler, this hotel appears to be the best place to stay with large conference halls. Two tube stations are 2 mins away from the hotel, connecting to the Central, Hammerswitch and the other to the Bakerloo
The staff was wonderful, quick and easy check in. The restaurant (Zonzo)that was recommended to us, was fantastic. Highly recommended.
The only negative aspect to this hotel was the size of our rooms. I understand that the hotel is older but two twin beds in a hotel just seems really out of place in a Hilton. The beds were not only small but not the most comfortable things in the world, very cheap feeling. Had to order extra pillows as well.
Overall, I would recommend the hotel based on location and ease of public transport...as long as you are not fussy over beds.