“Excellent hotel with professional and friendly staff”

London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch
Ranked #394 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was a revelation for us and a place where we could come to rest. The accommodations are really up to level. We've spend a few hours also in the swimming pool and sauna and there is not much I can find to improve. Staff is very friendly and always willing to help and find an immediate solution.

We had an upgrade to the executive level so all facilities of the executive launch available.
The food, as well breakfast as the brasserie in the hotel are to be recommended.

For a hotel of this quality and pricing, WiFi should be free in the rooms as well. Not only in the executive launch.

3  Thank FrancisVE

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during our stay in London. The room was beautiful and the staff was very helpful and courteous. The hotel is in a great location in the Marylebone/Mayfair area and its just a short walk to either the Marble Arch or the Edgeware Road tube stations. And its also located really near Oxford Street and Edgeware Road which are full of shops and restaurants. My favourite part of our stay was having access to the Executive Lounge on the top floor. They have free Wifi, a good selection of breakfast foods, free drinks/beer/wine and canapes in the evening. Also, my family collects Marriott points which we used to pay for the huge breakfast buffet they offer in the mornings. The normal prices seemed quite expensive for me (about 21£ per person), but if you can get the breakfast included for free or at a discount, its a great way to start the day. The only down side to this hotel is that paying for internet is quite expensive, but since we had access to the executive lounge, it was free for us while there.

4  Thank Kassie C
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our family were able to hire one room with two double beds in May 2013 for 219GBP per night. This may seem expensive, but the room comfortably accommodated four adult family members. This price did not include breakfast. We booked this directly through the Marriott website.

The room and bathroom were very modern and clean.

We did not visit the hotel restaurant as the menu appeared to be quite pricey compared to restaurants available nearby.

They must have many American guests because our room had American-style power points (outlets). I do not know if this is available in every room. There is a charge for wi-fi in the rooms, but free wi-fi is available in the lobby.

I would especially recommend this hotel to visitors who plan to do shopping on Oxford Street. It was very convenient for us while we were shopping. It is within walking distance of many shops, but there is also a nearby bus stop that will take you right down Oxford Street when your feet get tired!

1  Thank larawankenobi
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed on the executive floor and had a nice room. Beds are comfortable. Bathroom exceptionally small considering it was a room on the executive floor. Close to Oxford, Bond street, underground and Hyde Park.. Hotel is clean, interior nothing special. Breakfast was average. Front desk staff and guest relations officer were very friendly and helpful. They granted us a late checkout as in like 5pm, which was so much appreciated. I was not overly impressed with the area, mainly foreigners living around there and all shops and dining areas were mainly middle eastern. I f you don't like middle eastern cuisine you have to take the bus, tube or taxi to another area which was a bit inconvenient. I missed the "London vibe" like you get staying around Kensington with all the restaurants and bars. I would rate it more like a business hotel rather than leisure.

Room Tip: The beds and bedding were very nice on the executive floor. The executive lounge was disappointing...
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel few times. you get what you spend. the staff is good, trying to take care of you even if you can see they are not 5 star well trained. room is always clean, the furniture are very nice spot. the location is also good. good value pleasant stay

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here on business for 3 nights. I travel to London 2-3 times a year and have been trying different hotels. My favorite is a bit pricey and I have been trying to find something I like in a lower cost bracket. Of these, the Marble Arch location dies a nice job. The hotel is better than average. The rooms are small but clean and nively furnished. THe bath is the main downside for me. I am a medium to small woman and I barely fit in the tub! It is a bit cramped. I couldn't imagine staying there with someone else. It suited my needs well. The location is a bit tucked away and confusing with regards to the name since it is a good distance from Marble Arch. I had room service for breakfast twice and it was delivered in the stated time and was good. The bar area was nice and lively. The conceriege did a fantastic job booking a cab for me and confirming it as I had to leave at 4:00 am for the airport. They even called my room when it arrived a bit early.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Geogrrl
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Average hotel, kind but average service. The room was lacking amenities, the mini bar was not refilled. In brief I don't have any reason to recommend this hotel. It is not bad, but we can find better hotels for this value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business