“Comfort and convenient”

London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch
Ranked #396 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed on the executive floor and had a nice room. Beds are comfortable. Bathroom exceptionally small considering it was a room on the executive floor. Close to Oxford, Bond street, underground and Hyde Park.. Hotel is clean, interior nothing special. Breakfast was average. Front desk staff and guest relations officer were very friendly and helpful. They granted us a late checkout as in like 5pm, which was so much appreciated. I was not overly impressed with the area, mainly foreigners living around there and all shops and dining areas were mainly middle eastern. I f you don't like middle eastern cuisine you have to take the bus, tube or taxi to another area which was a bit inconvenient. I missed the "London vibe" like you get staying around Kensington with all the restaurants and bars. I would rate it more like a business hotel rather than leisure.

Room Tip: The beds and bedding were very nice on the executive floor. The executive lounge was disappointing...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel few times. you get what you spend. the staff is good, trying to take care of you even if you can see they are not 5 star well trained. room is always clean, the furniture are very nice spot. the location is also good. good value pleasant stay

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here on business for 3 nights. I travel to London 2-3 times a year and have been trying different hotels. My favorite is a bit pricey and I have been trying to find something I like in a lower cost bracket. Of these, the Marble Arch location dies a nice job. The hotel is better than average. The rooms are small but clean and nively furnished. THe bath is the main downside for me. I am a medium to small woman and I barely fit in the tub! It is a bit cramped. I couldn't imagine staying there with someone else. It suited my needs well. The location is a bit tucked away and confusing with regards to the name since it is a good distance from Marble Arch. I had room service for breakfast twice and it was delivered in the stated time and was good. The bar area was nice and lively. The conceriege did a fantastic job booking a cab for me and confirming it as I had to leave at 4:00 am for the airport. They even called my room when it arrived a bit early.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Geogrrl
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Average hotel, kind but average service. The room was lacking amenities, the mini bar was not refilled. In brief I don't have any reason to recommend this hotel. It is not bad, but we can find better hotels for this value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank theodorak27
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Have been here for 4 of 5 days. Not a single customer service issue. The beds are VERY comfortable, the linens high end, the executive lounge accessible until midnight, even on the weekends.

Every single member of the staff has been helpful, the desk staff, concierge, housekeeping, lounge attendants and wait staff.

The single issue, as pointed out by another reviewer is getting here the first time. The taxi driver brought us to park lane marriott, which must be more well known or higher visibility.

And as a side note, it is in an Arabic/Moslem neighborhood. Didn't know that when booking, doesn't affect me one way or the other, but lots of middle eastern restaurants.

About a block to the bus, half a mile to marble arch for the tube.

4  Thank Cathy5858
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our second stay at the Marriott Hotel Marble Arch. This hotel proved to be a very nice hotel. Very clean rooms. King bed was amazingly comfortable, front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Really likes the doorman who was dressed in the traditional red outfit and hat. They offer free 24 hour WiFi in the lobby, when the time is up, you just activate it again. when in your room, you have to pay. so we went to the lobby when we wanted to check email. No big deal. For the price of a London Hotel, WiFi should be offered free through out the hotel. The Restaurant was pretty nice but was not crazy about the food both times we stayed here. this hotel is just a short walk from both the Marble arch Tube Station and the Edgware road tube station. I would suggest this Hotel if staying in this part of London. we had bus and Tube transportation from here to anything and anywhere we wanted to go see or go.

Room Tip: Seems the upper floors like the 9th floor offered free bottled water. where I was on the 4th floor...
1  Thank messin44
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed there for an extended weekend with my family, in the beginning of April. First of all, if you take a taxi, please indicate it's the Marriott at George St (just off Edgware Road). If you say Marble arch, it most likely will be mistaken for the Marriott at Marble arch, which in fact is Marriott Park Lane - just to add to the confusion.
When we arrived, the room was not ready yet, so we got drink vouchers while waiting, nice touch.
The room we got was in fact fine for a family; 2 queen beds and a fine, albeit small bathroom, with the extra towels we requested. The room was not the biggest I have seen, but quite adequate for the purpose.
It is correct that the neighborhood is predominantly Arabic, but did this make us uncomfortable? Not at all!!
The cousine in the neighboring restaurant is of cause Middle Eastern, and you have to walk a bit to find other types of kitchen.
One of the first night we were bothered by a penetrating, chemical smell in the room. At first we put it of as maybe they were sanitizing the HVAC system, but as it came back next night we complained.
It showed, that this most likely was somebody smoking a water pipe (!) in one of the adjourning rooms and this smell went under the door and into our room. Since it apparently was difficult to enforce strict non-smoking policy, we opted for moving room, which was arranged the following morning with courtesy and helpfulness, thanks to a great staff.
Breakfast, which we have included, was plentiful, well-prepared and with many different choices - highly recommendable.
The bar has a nice selection of drinks and food, actually we ate there Sunday night where thay had an offer on steak and a pint. The steak was great, done exactly as we requested, and the menu items for kids is also great and affordable. There were even put effort in timing the dishes, so we all got them the same time.
The minibar is computerized, so shifting things around, resulted in some items ending up on my bill as we wanted to cool something for the kids (and ourselves) - they were promptly removed by the reception, when I pointed this out (we did not take anything from either of the rooms).
The hotel has an agreement with a private taxi company, which took us to the London City Airport for 55 GBP, comparable with the price for a normal London taxi - but much more convenient (and the car much more luxurious). Again there was great service in picking our luggage up in the room and storing it until it was loaded into the taxi.
The Gym and pool is great, and just what you and the kids need after a long day trotting the streets of London. Changing rooms are located next to the pool area, so you don't need to go up the lift in wet swim trunks.
All in all this is a good place to use as a base when exploring London (just a 6 minutes walk to Marble Arch Tube Station) and just the issue with a misplaced bong keeps me from going to 5 stars.
A few inspirations for management:
1) When using the room as a family room, just provide an empty fridge - not a minibar just causing misunderstandings.
2) Enforce the non-smoking policy for all types of smoking devices and combustible substances - it would be far the easiest for all.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lift is most quiet