“Excellent short stay”

Jumeirah Carlton Tower
Ranked #133 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 16, 2010

we couldn't fault this hotel. Lovely room with excellent attention to detail. Very helpful and friendly staff and a great breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2010

Just the right balance of attentive service, we wanted for nothing and the food quality was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower and all I have to say is "perfection". From the very warm welcome, to the friendly concierge, the fabulous amenities in the Belgravia Suite, the views, the baby cot (complete with a very cute stuffed camel for my little one!) , baby bath robe, perfect water pressure in the shower, espresso machine, gorgeous tea cups.........and THE VIEWS!!!!! thank you everyone for the warm hospitality. I highly recommend this hotel. The location is ideal if you are traveling as a family or solo traveler.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We have just returned from an 2 day weekend away staying at the Carlton Tower . It was very good indeed . very attentive staff, fantastic breakfasts with special service ( inc in our package, expensive if not ) . Very comfortable rooms and good pool . Location excellent with outstanding shopping or window shopping depending on budget . Pretty expensive but need to remember where you are . Only complaint all hotels of this price should include free wifi . If Macdonalds can do it ! . Greta stay

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We have stayed here many times before and it is always nice to return. This time it was because we were booked into The Soho Sanctum hotel and we were given a cupboard to sleep in without a bathroom. After being charged by the management we promptly left and enjoyed the Carlton instead.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Flew in on the Virgin red-eye, then to client meetings. Dropped my bags off at the hotel on the way. Tough client meeting, depressing debriefing dinner with team, then return to hotel at 11pm to check-in and the reception goes - the manager wants to speak to you. I say dont f*** me over please i have had a bad day. Guess what, no rooms, because of a "system glitch" they cant accomodate me, and have to ship me to the Thistle Marble Arch. American Express which gave me a confirmed room at the Jumeirah, and my assistant cant do a thing. Very bad experience, given how much business my firm does in London and with hotels and possibly with the Jumeirah.

See the review on Thistle Arch for the rest of my miserable trip.

They comped my next hotel, but the initial pain point will make not want to stay with these guys ever again

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank Atul1998
JumeirahCarltonTower, General Manager at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

Dear Mr. Atul,

We were disappointed to see your review and regret that you were not able to stay with us on your recent visit to London.

As explained by the Manager that evening we regretfully had a situation whereby our reservation systems were compromised enabling a number of bookings to be made at a time when the hotel was already full . Hence when you made the booking the day before you received a confirmation that we were not in a position to honour.

This situation coincided with the Farnborough Air show, a time when all London hotels like ourselves are booked out many months in advance.

In these difficult circumstances we arranged accommodation for you at extra expense to us in a Central London Location so that we would not inconvenience your plans too much .

I apologize that the accommodation was not up to the standards of Jumeirah and trust that you will appreciate the difficult circumstances prevailing at the time.

I hope that you will consider Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the future so that we can welcome you with genuine Jumeirah Hospitality.

Hotel Manager
Jumeirah Carlton Tower

Reviewed April 18, 2010

I guess it is difficult to distinguish oneself from a field of 1000 hotels. I stayed in a Deluxe Room, which appears to be slightly larger than an average London five star room. I was visiting London to go to a couple of football games and for that purpose the location was good, being near Knightsbridge station.

The reception area is bustling but not grand. The lobby area is relatively small and there are only two persons manning the check in desks. If only others would stand in line.

The room was clean and nicely appointed. But there were some putting off features. GBP 120 for wireless internet access for a week. That practice should be enough to take this hotel off any list. The bathroom was quite cramped. The shower stall was raised off the ground by about five inches which meant that the shower head was about threeinches above my head (I am about 5 foot 10 inches). The sink was ornate but had trouble draining water. My faucet came off the sink resulting in a flooded bathroom. This and other small problems (busted keycard lock) were promptly fixed.

The room itself was fine, but I had trouble getting a good rest because of a nightlight at the end of the room which I could not turn off. I did not call housekeeping but in retrospect, I should have.

The only facilities/offerings I used were the health club (perfectly fine) and room service (perfectly fine, including perfectly exorbitant prices and somewhat limited choices). The message being, please eat elsewhere.

Despite all the shortcoming thought, I couldn't help but feel that these couldn't be attributed solely to the hotel but rather the standard of living in London, which means it's hard to get a feeling you're getting value for money. Just paying a premium for being located in a posh neighborhood.

So, in all, not a horrible experience, though I can't help the feeling that I paid a relatively stellar price for a not-so-stellar hotel. Which is surprising because I paid about the same rate for a room at the Essex House in New York (in Central Park South) and aboslutely loved it there.

Because of airport delays, I have now moved to the Lowndes, the sister hotel. So far, I am OK (smaller room for about half the price).

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo