“Very comfortable indeed......”

Ranked #123 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Geneva
“Very comfortable indeed......”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Location wise, the hotel is perfect. Sitting right on Cadogan Square, you have all of Knightsbridge around you and transport east or west is very easy and convenient.

The rooms are very nicely appointed with all of the modern features set out in previous reviews. They are a bit small but this is central London. The highlight for me was the bed which was supremely comfortable. Indeed, the location was peaceful despite being in he centre of London and I had three very peaceful nights sleep (not bad for a light sleeper).

I didn't have time to try many of the hotels amenities but interaction with hotel staff was polite and professional. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room at front overlooking the square was double glazed and quiet with little passing traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DiveSailSkiTrek
Kristina J, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and providing your feedback and for choosing the Jumeirah Carlton Tower for your recent stay in London.

I was pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable and relaxing stay thanks to the service extended by my colleagues, the room you stayed in with the bed in particular. Our location is indeed very convenient in the heart of Knightsbridge, however as you have mentioned, the double glazed windows ensure a quiet and comfortable stay for our guests.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.

Kristina Jesenska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
Sydney
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in May. The location is very convenient to Knightsbridge and still out of the hustle and bustle. The room was well appointed with everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. The service is variable - sometimes good sometimes a not. Will we stay here again? Hard to say; if there was a good deal most certainly - but would look elsewhere if only rack rates available.

Whenever I travel to London our flight invariably arrives early in the morning and departs in the evening. London hotels would attract a lot of business if they catered for early check in and late check out (2pm is still too early if you are facing a 24 hour flight departing at 10pm)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristina J, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time in expressing your views following your recent stay with us.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Knightsbridge as well as the room you stayed in. I was concerned to read that you might not be staying with us again. Service with attention to detail, genuine care, comfort and a refined ambience is something we try to nurture and encourage throughout the hotel and I am sorry that on certain occasions during your stay you found otherwise.

I understand that due to flight invariabilities our guests on many occasions request an early check-in or late check-out which we are happy to be flexible with, however it is subject to availability and unfortunately cannot be guaranteed. We however always try to do our utmost to accommodate these requests.

Thank you for having stayed with us and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 days with the family in London and we decided to treat ourselves. The hotel was wonderful and we all enjoyed the swimming pool and steam rooms to the full! Ideally located for all the sites of Central London and easy to get to from the M4 it all made for a great stay. We had adjoining rooms and so were kept together as a family unit which was nice. Excellent food and service. Although expensive, it was a great family experience for our special occasion.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shaun J
Kristina J, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable visit and the facilities provided with the swimming pool in particular met your expectations. It is always rewarding to read such great comments!

It has been a pleasure to have you staying with us and we are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower Hotel in the near future.

dublin
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is lovely it is right in the middle of everything and the staff are so friendly. The restaurant the rib room is lovely for dinner. The restaurant for dinner and breakfast is very very expensive. 40 pounds each for breakfast and extra for water. I think this this very expensive. Breakfast cost us over 100 pounds. Very expensive as we did not have that much to eat. Other then that it was a lovely hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kristina J, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the services provided as well as the dining experience at the Rib Room met your expectation.
I am however sorry that you found our breakfast prices too high, I have forwarded your comments to the relevant department heads and please rest assured that they have been well noted.

Thank you for choosing the Jumeirah Carlton Tower and we are hoping to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

King regards,
Dallas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The building may not be breathtaking and the lobby basic
But the rooms are nice and updated.
The staff very very ready to help.
The turndown service probably the best I have ever experienced. And I stay in hotels for most of the year.
The swimming pool great for the fact that the hotel is in central London.
And most of all what a fantastic location. 5 minute walk from Harrods and Sloane Square, 10 minute walk to Kings road and Chelsea.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments following your stay with us here at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower.

We realize how important your feedback is to our continued improvement and success.

I am pleased you had a delightful stay, enjoying the room and it’s turndown, the swimming pool which is indeed very popular as well as our superb location.
Furthermore I am glad the service given by our staff was up to your satisfaction and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The best one! I love it. The staff is very smiling, you can feel special personal touch. Everybody care about the customer a lot. Especially place I love very much is Chinoiserie restaurant. Manager Francoisa is very nice and smiley. So I wish everybody go that place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your review and I would like to thank you for having stayed with us.

Genuine care, comfort, attention to detail and a refined ambience is something we always try to nurture and I am pleased that thanks to my fellow colleagues you felt so welcomed.
I am glad that you also enjoyed your visit to the Chinoiserie with Francoise in particular and I would like to thank you very much for recommending our hotel.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

hartlepool
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I read other comments before leaving this review.
Looking for somewhere to stay in South Kensington area, we found this hotel on Last Minute.
Being familiar with the brand and the hotels location I booked feeling confident that we'd enjoy our stay
The hotel is perfectly located just off Sloane Street making it ideal for a central London shopping/sight seeing trip.
We were welcomed at check in with fresh apple juice and the offer of a hot towel should we have had an exhausting journey
The receptionist was friendly and polite and kindly upgraded our room to a view of the park out front
Our room was delightful, nicely decorated, very clean and with a great view as promised
I particularly appreciate the complimentary tea/coffee maker and water. A feature that still is inconsistant throughout alot of 5 star hotels
When we returned from our evening out we had recieved the turn down serivce and in addition another two bottles of water had been placed at our bedsides. Its a nice touch - which I would have appreciated on a recent trip to L.A where the water left in the room was at a cost of $10 a bottle
The bed was queensize and luxurious with crisp white linen and feather pillows and duvet. Robes were hanging in our bathroom for us
We popped into the pool/spa area and found it relaxing but would have liked more lounge chairs poolside
The branding of this hotel does indeed make it a popular choice for Middle Easter/Asian visitors. Some other comments on trip advisor talk about how intimidating or how uncomfortable this can make some feel. I never felt uncomfortable though I could see why the bar area would suit young parties or those travelling to enjoy a party vibe in the hotel. It certainly is more reserved so choose carefully if this is on your list of needs and wants
All the staff were pleasant and friendly and we'd love to stay here again. It stands out for its service and attention to detail.

Room Tip: Even better value through Lastminute.com . Ask for a room facing the front
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such wonderful review.

We highly appreciate your comments as well as the loyalty to Jumeirah.
I am glad that thanks to the services extended by my colleagues starting with a warm welcome at reception and throughout the hotel we managed to make your stay so memorable. The Peak spa and the swimming pool area are indeed very popular by both hotel guests as well as non-residents and I am glad that you enjoyed the visit.

I have shared your compliments with my fellow colleagues who were all delighted to hear your feedback.

It has been a great pleasure to have you staying with us and are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the near future.