“Superb”

Jumeirah Carlton Tower
Ranked #167 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The building may not be breathtaking and the lobby basic
But the rooms are nice and updated.
The staff very very ready to help.
The turndown service probably the best I have ever experienced. And I stay in hotels for most of the year.
The swimming pool great for the fact that the hotel is in central London.
And most of all what a fantastic location. 5 minute walk from Harrods and Sloane Square, 10 minute walk to Kings road and Chelsea.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kristina J, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments following your stay with us here at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower.

We realize how important your feedback is to our continued improvement and success.

I am pleased you had a delightful stay, enjoying the room and it’s turndown, the swimming pool which is indeed very popular as well as our superb location.
Furthermore I am glad the service given by our staff was up to your satisfaction and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The best one! I love it. The staff is very smiling, you can feel special personal touch. Everybody care about the customer a lot. Especially place I love very much is Chinoiserie restaurant. Manager Francoisa is very nice and smiley. So I wish everybody go that place!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your review and I would like to thank you for having stayed with us.

Genuine care, comfort, attention to detail and a refined ambience is something we always try to nurture and I am pleased that thanks to my fellow colleagues you felt so welcomed.
I am glad that you also enjoyed your visit to the Chinoiserie with Francoise in particular and I would like to thank you very much for recommending our hotel.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I read other comments before leaving this review.
Looking for somewhere to stay in South Kensington area, we found this hotel on Last Minute.
Being familiar with the brand and the hotels location I booked feeling confident that we'd enjoy our stay
The hotel is perfectly located just off Sloane Street making it ideal for a central London shopping/sight seeing trip.
We were welcomed at check in with fresh apple juice and the offer of a hot towel should we have had an exhausting journey
The receptionist was friendly and polite and kindly upgraded our room to a view of the park out front
Our room was delightful, nicely decorated, very clean and with a great view as promised
I particularly appreciate the complimentary tea/coffee maker and water. A feature that still is inconsistant throughout alot of 5 star hotels
When we returned from our evening out we had recieved the turn down serivce and in addition another two bottles of water had been placed at our bedsides. Its a nice touch - which I would have appreciated on a recent trip to L.A where the water left in the room was at a cost of $10 a bottle
The bed was queensize and luxurious with crisp white linen and feather pillows and duvet. Robes were hanging in our bathroom for us
We popped into the pool/spa area and found it relaxing but would have liked more lounge chairs poolside
The branding of this hotel does indeed make it a popular choice for Middle Easter/Asian visitors. Some other comments on trip advisor talk about how intimidating or how uncomfortable this can make some feel. I never felt uncomfortable though I could see why the bar area would suit young parties or those travelling to enjoy a party vibe in the hotel. It certainly is more reserved so choose carefully if this is on your list of needs and wants
All the staff were pleasant and friendly and we'd love to stay here again. It stands out for its service and attention to detail.

Room Tip: Even better value through Lastminute.com . Ask for a room facing the front
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such wonderful review.

We highly appreciate your comments as well as the loyalty to Jumeirah.
I am glad that thanks to the services extended by my colleagues starting with a warm welcome at reception and throughout the hotel we managed to make your stay so memorable. The Peak spa and the swimming pool area are indeed very popular by both hotel guests as well as non-residents and I am glad that you enjoyed the visit.

I have shared your compliments with my fellow colleagues who were all delighted to hear your feedback.

It has been a great pleasure to have you staying with us and are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Centrally located, a hotel with all services. Nothing very memorable about the Hotel, except Eric Lanlard in the lobby.
Rooms well catered, but get the feeling that although in good condition the colour schemes hail from a previous era.

Room Tip: Overlooking Cadogan Square is much better that the roofs at the rear
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am glad that the services extended throughout the hotel met your expectation with Eric Lanlard's afternoon tea in particular. I do agree that our superb location in the heart of Knightsbridge is very convenient and valued by our guests.

Thank you once again for your comments and are hoping to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here for business in early April 2013. It was the week after Easter so I expected most London hotels to be busy with tourists and not business travellers. Pros: The hotel is good for business and I have stayed here at various times over the past 5 years for that reason. Location in Knightsbridge is great, and the service at this hotel is really wonderful, in particular the concierge, front desk and restaurant staff. These people are all pros and quite friendly. We only ate dinner here but it was quite good. The Peak Health Club is one of the best in the city and another really great reason to stay here. Cons: I had 3 main problems. 1) My husband accompanied me on this trip and we asked for a king bed. We were provided with a rather small room with 2 twin beds pushed together to form a king. As the beds were made up separately it was not that easy to make them into one bed for us. 2) The maids were rather pushy in trying to make up the room. Each day both my husband and I left the room by mid morning and by the time we got back in late afternoon the room had not been cleaned. While we tried to relax in the room before dinner the maids came by and asked to clean the room. We asked them if they could come back a bit later and they knocked on the door every 5 minutes. Two of the 3 days we ended up going to dinner early just to get out of there but I felt intruded upon that I had to leave the room so that the maids could make it up so late in the day. 3) My biggest issue was not with the hotel itself but with the guests. I would estimate that 75% of the guests in the hotel were from the Middle East during this visit. This is not surprising as Jumeriah is a Middle East hotel and I enjoy staying in them when I am in the MIddle East. What I found disturbing was the rudeness of the guests and in particular several different women when I was there (note, I am a Western Business Woman). I am in no way a discriminatory person but my observations below are based on rude treatment I received from other female hotel guests and all happened to wear at least one element of Arabic dress. None of these were the same women and I certainly did not say or do anything offensive in their presence so did not feel that anything I did during my stay warranted rude treatment by other guests. Examples: Two different mornings I waited for the lift on my room floor to go down to the lobby to leave for work, and when it opened there were women in the lift that would not let me on it, even though there was plenty of room. (I had to wait for a separate lift). Literally I asked, "Excuse me may I get on the lift?" and two different times the women looked straight ahead, did not acknowledge me, and did not move aside to let me on. Twice in the lobby I asked if I could sit on an open chair in a seating grouping and was told that it was occcupied (even though no one ever sat in it). While I was in the restaurant/bar area waiting at a table for my husband, a woman came and took the extra chair from my table and moved it over to her table to allow another woman to join. When I told her that I was waiting for my husband to join me, she ignored me (the restaurant quickly provided another chair at my table). I can't remember any time in a hotel anywhere that I have been treated this way by another guest, let alone several times. I wish to stress that I am not suggesting any stereotyping or bias. I am simply noting that at this hotel I personally felt very discriminated against by other female guests in the hotel, and considering that I am a well dressed, quiet,professional business woman that travels internationaly 3 weeks per month, it was surprising and insulting. I would likely not stay at this hotel again for this reason.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TravlChick
Elsa R, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the great location we have here at the hotel and the service provided to you by the team was second to none. These comments have been shared and the team are delighted that their hard work is being recognised.

In relation to your feedback, I am sorry that the room was not made up to your specification on arrival. This is something we will be looking into internally to avoid this happening in the future.

With regards to the servicing of the rooms, we service the rooms once a day and then we perform a turndown service after 18:00 for all guests in house. I do apologise, that you felt the maids were intrusive and I have relayed your feedback to the Housekeeping Management.

With regards to your final comment I am deeply sorry that you encountered a few problems with fellow guests which has tainted your overall view of the stay. I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of the guests that we have staying at the hotel and would not want this to discourage you from staying with us in the future.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Elsa Hodt

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent service. Excellent rooms. Excellent location.
I am regular visitor to London (business), but this is the first time I stay at Jumeirah Carlton Towers. The service was excellent, and the rooms too. A bit on the expensive side, though, especially the breakfast in the lobby. But very good service. And staff are quite attentive to your requests. We had an internet connection problem due to interrupted wifi service. WIthin minutes of our complaint, the technicians attended to the request, and went as far as changing the router. Perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Elsa R, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed the hotel rooms and our prime location. Most of all, I am especially pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff and I have shared your kind words with them.

The problem with the internet connection has been brought to the attention of the related department and I apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you, however I am pleased to read that the technicians attended and resolved the issue promptly.

I am sorry to read that you found the breakfast served in the hotel did not offer value for money. We always strive to deliver the best quality and service yet fulfilling value for money and your feedback regarding this will be shared with the management.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Elsa

Reviewed April 2, 2013

For a hotel to claim that they are a 5 star luxury hotel the breakfast is very, very bad, avoid paying such high price – 39 GBP per person for lousy service and pathetic food. Can’t believe they can serve this and call it English breakfast. In all service is very poor I would suggest do not stay here at all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 696RogerS
Daniela V, Guest Relations Executive at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Jumeirah Carlton Tower Hotel. I do hope that you had a safe journey home.

I was really disappointed to read about your breakfast experience, especially the poor level of service that you received and I would like to sincerely apologise for this.

At Jumeirah Carlton Tower we are very passionate about our standards and the service that we deliver to our guests and I am very sorry that we failed on this occasion.

I have discussed your feedback with the breakfast team, who have taken your comments on board to ensure that future guests do not have a similar experience.

You feedback is highly appreciated and we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely