5,863 results
All reviews london eye embankment tube station trafalgar square river view equus bar royal horse guards heated floors downing street beautiful hotel afternoon tea big ben underfloor heating charing cross star hotel covent garden turn down service excellent location
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel is lovely and location is great for Trafalgar square and theaters.

Both rooms were good size and super comfy beds. aircon cold and very quiet at night.

Drinks in the bar are eye watering, 45 pounds for 3 drinks!! which brings me on to the cost of the hotel, we took my parents and two double rooms without breakfast was over 600 pounds for 1 night plus around 70 for breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2019
Royal_Horseguards, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear ash8811

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to know that found our regal hotel expensive. We make an effort to maintain competitive prices compared to similar establishments in London. Also as a standard we serve all our spirits in double measures.

It is however, great to know that this did not spoil your visit and that you enjoyed your well-appointed bedrooms and found our award winning Hypnos beds comfortable.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our Victorian castle-like hotel for a future superb stay!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love this Hotel, not just for its elegance and location but more importantly for the superb service and attention they give to their guests. The hallmark of a great hotel is the response they give when you have a problem and the team here go out of their way to ensure that you are happy...I rarely stay anywhere else now...it feels like home!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hello OnAir302906

Thank you for the wonderful feedback!

My amazingly hospitable team will be delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay from entering our regal hotel to the time you checked out. We pride ourselves on courteous but efficient customer service so am pleased that you had a great stay!

Thank you for confirming that we are now your home in London! We would be delighted to welcome you back for another great stay!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything was pleasant. The service is particularly amazing! Location is excellent, room was spacious and clean, we had some soda, water and chips complimentary in minibar. We loved staying here. The ONLY thing that was not great and the only reason why I didnt give it 5 points was because the wifi in the room was not working at all.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Royal_Horseguards, General Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear MarcelaMinvielle

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us.

I am so sorry to know about the lack of wifi in your bedroom and have shared your review with my Maintenance Manager to investigate further. But I know that this does not make up for any inconvenience.

I am however, pleased to know that you loved your stay and enjoyed every other aspect of your visit, greatly enjoyed our 5 star facilities and prime location.

My amazing team and I look forward to welcoming back soon!

HIlary

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Paid £300 for one night and my room was tiny. Premier inn has a bigger room and for more than half the price.

Im a young lad and will eat anything after a few beers but I ordered a Pizza from room service after I got in from a night out and it was probably the worst pizza I’ve ever eaten dough was dry, coated in a cheap cheese and it cost £14 as well. Only could manage a few bites! A frozen pizza from Aldi would of tasted better!

Very Nice hotel but sorry the quality from Room service and the room size was not 5 stars in my eyes

#pantsDown

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi lukechess

I am really sorry to know that your room service pizza fell below our usual 5 star standards and will definitely be addressing further with my kitchen teams.

It is great to know that you found our Victorian hotel nice and I do hope that you will return for a much improved visit.

HIlary

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is in a good location to Buckingham palace and Trafalgar square
Not all rooms in a particular category are as described, they are different in sizes and can have different view, not always as stated with a view as the tree line can hinder this.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Climber545086

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us.

Indeed no two of our bedrooms are exactly alike. Not being a purpose built hotel and due to the quirky architecture of of our castle-like hotel, all of our bedrooms and bathrooms are of a unique design and size.

On a positive note, I am delighted to know that you found our location superb - just a stone’s throw away from London’s many attractions!

It would be a pleasure to welcome back for a truly 5 star future stay.