We booked this as part of a vacation package through American Airlines. We arrived around 9AM after the overnight flight into Heathrow. They had a room waiting but we decided to do the optional upgrade, so we had to wait a few hours. We still checked-in before the regular check-in time.
The room was a decent size, especially for London. With a queen bed there was still room for a small table with two chairs and a larger arm chair. The bathroom was clean but a bit drafty. However, we found that it got toasty warm if you left the heated towel rack on for a while before showering.
The best thing about this stay was the concierge service. One in particular - (I think his name was Nabib) - went well beyond his job requirements to serve us. He made reservations for us at a restaurant, which the restaurant screwed up by trying to charge us $180 for a show. They ended up calling the hotel and Nabib straightened everything out - including getting us into the show for free. Another concierge argued with a taxi company after our scheduled cab did not come to take us to Waterloo for a very early train to Paris. At 4:45AM he went out to chase down a taxi in Trafalgar Square. These are just two examples of the quality service we received.
Breakfast was OK. It was included or we would not have paid for it.
The workout room was very small and only had a few cardio machines. The room was stocked with chilled bottled water and towels (both free of charge) and had a tv. It was a great alternative to running along the Thames in unusually cold weather for that time of year.
If we could afford it (this stay was a special treat) we would always stay at this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England