“Outstanding hotel with 5* service in a perfect location for everything.”

The Royal Horseguards
Ranked #119 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We booked a junior suite for our 2 night honeymoon and were looking forwrd to our stay. To be welcomed so warmly and then upgraded to the Royal Horseguards Suite was unexpected bit very welcomed. The service we received from all members of staff was of the highest caliber. The afternoon tea was a treat and a must for anyone in London. The suite was perfect. Being a picky surveyor I was amazed as I found nothing out of place or in poor condition. You could even tell that the uplighters were cleaned everyday. The view over the Thames and London Eye was amazing! We even wrote a note to the hotel to express our gratitude! Can't wait to return as thi is a hotel that makes you feel special and looks after you every part of your stay!

2  Thank ChrisCarlton
HotelLondon, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2010

Thank you for your feedback on the TripAdvisor wesbsite subsequent to your recent stay at the Royal Horseguards Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that we were able to make you honeymoon a bit more special and that you felt very well looked after. We are certainly look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,874)

Reviewed June 4, 2010

This was our first stay in the hotel and we were not disappointed. The room was big and beautifully decorated. The air conditioning was the most efficient and quiet that I have encountered and easily controlled. The tv in the bathroom was a nice touch. Our only issues were that the bed was exceptionally hard and the light from the telephone was VERY bright which I found annoying when trying to sleep. However overall the hotel is in a great location for sightseeing and theatre trips with great views of the Thames. The building is well appointed and the staff were friendly. We would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anniepiglet
HotelLondon, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Royal Horseguards Hotel on the TripAdvisor homepage.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your first stay at the Royal Horseguards Hotel and would be delighted to welcome you back in the non to distant future.

Reviewed June 4, 2010

We have just returned from our two night stay at the Royal Horseguards and I really can not fault our stay. The Hotel is situated right on the embankment. It is less than a minute's walk to 'Embankment' Station. At the back of the hotel is an extremely pleasant outside courtyard area with tables and chairs where you can order drinks.

The hotel is spotlessly clean. The rooms have, so I believe, all been refurbished over the last few years and have that designer 'boutique' feel. Our room was on the sixth floor and overlooked the river (the view on the 7th or above would be clearer as the rooms are above tree level). Our room had two sets of french doors with one 'juliette' balcony and another balcony. Unfortunately you cannot access the balcony because of health and safety rules but nevertheless the effect is very aesthetically pleasing. The room was spacious as was the bathroom (complete with an LCD TV above the bath). The bed was very comfortable and King Size.

Breakfast was excellent. It is a buffet breakfast with a choice of continental and/or full english breakfast etc. Nothing was too much trouble for the waiting staff and we were made to feel valued as guests. All of the staff were very friendly and could not do enough to help. Dena Parker at reception was especially helpful.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I look forward to returning there !

2  Thank ElgaS

Thank you for your sharing your feedback about the Royal Horseguards Hotel on the TripAdvisor website.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time at the Hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Royal Horseguards Hotel.

Reviewed June 1, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Royal Horseguards very much. The facillity was beautiful as were the rooms. We were upgraded at check in to a beautiful king room. We even had a tv in the shower. The hotel had recently been renovated and is beautifully appointed.
Great location too! The Underground is just around the corner. Everything was as clean as could be...and I am a clean person so that was important to me. We stayed a week and loved every minute of it.

2  Thank MItraveler48152

Thank you for your positive feedback on the TripAdvisor website subsequent to your stay at the Royal Horseguards Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

I can only concur with the other reviews. This hotel is of an excellent standard. The rooms still feel clean and fresh after the refurbishment, are spacious and comfortable.

The low point in our stay was being told that we had been upgraded to a higher standard room and issued the room key, only to walk into the room and find that it was already occupied! Thankfully we were saved the embarrassment of the residents being in the room at the time and we made a hasty retreat back to reception! The staff on reception were apologetic to a point but seemed more worried about whether the occupants of the room had seen us than how embarrassed we were as a result. We were duly checked into another room but alas no upgraded room was available. Our eventual room was excellent but it was a tad disappointing to have been offered an upgrade and to have temporarily had a room much larger than ours only to have it taken away!

Other than this incident, we had a fantastic time at The Royal Horseguards and could not fault it in any other way. Remarkably convenient location (tube only 3 minutes walk) and good value too.

1  Thank SwindonEggnog
HotelLondon, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2010

I am very disappointed to learn the unfortunate situation. Please drop me a quick email on nihal.nakhwa@guoman.co.uk so I could investigate this and get back to you directly.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed May 26, 2010

I thought this hotel was excellent, I especially liked the TV in the bathroom..

The decor was lovely and the location ideal.

I was particularly impressed with the facilities given to me to shower etc after the Marathon when my girlfriend had checked out.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonFerrit

Thank You very much for your reply.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Royal Horseguards from 5/7/10 - 5/18/10. After a couple days there we noticed someone was coming into our room leaving messages from my husband's colleagues. They were also using our restroom while we were not there because they left their room key sitting on the desk. I found this to be very disturbing and I let the mananger on duty aware of the situation and was told he would get back to us once he contacted whoever was in our room. Well that answer never came. I found that if they are coming into your room and using the restroom no telling what else they were doing. Why could a note not just be slipped under the door. The room was great but I did find this to be very distrubing so I highly recommend if you are going to stay there to make sure your stuff is locked up.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank dym6nuva
CRManagerthistle, Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

I am disappointed to hear of the situation you were faced with whilst staying at The Royal Horseguards. Please accept our sincere apologies for this, this is not acceptable and further action will be taken. Please be assured your comments have been passed onto the General Manager of the hotel who is investigating the issues raised with his team. Please accept pur apologies once again and we hope this experience will not discourage you from choosing our hotels again.