$253
The Arch London(London)
$347
$290
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Bar/Lounge
$275
$260
$188
$171
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

$128
$117
$234
$220
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $266/night.

5,161 results
All reviewslondon eyeembankment tube stationtrafalgar squareriver viewroyal horse guardsheated floorsdowning streetbig benafternoon teaheated towel rackunderfloor heatingbeautiful hotelcharing crossstar hotelcovent gardenturn down servicemajor attractions
Reviewed July 17, 2006

During my recent stay at The Royal Horseguards, on two upon arrival occasions I was told the room that I had prepaid would not be available until 5 hours later...howver, if I paid 25 pounds PER NIGHT, I would be upgraded to a room that was immedialtly available...
There upgrase policy was prominantly posted at the check-in desk ( leaving me to believe this is a racket).
On two occasions, the upgraded rooms did not even have wash clothes or bath robes.
Be forewarned of this practice.

Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank bychance
A TripAdvisor Member
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed June 27, 2006

The afternoon tea was a real treat, but there is not much more I can recommend about this hotel. I agree with the other reviews that state this hotel is rundown and shabby. Our "upgraded" room was small and not very nice. Service was spotty (some days the towels were picked up and other days they were not).

Whenever you ask the concierge a question about local sites and attractions, they push a brochure in your face. They certainly weren't very helpful, knowledgeable or friendly.

The hotel is in a great location. Within a short walk to many landmarks and the underground. It's very easy to get from this hotel to wherever you are going in London, but I'm going to stay somewhere else the next time I visit.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2006

Visited the Royal Horseguards from May 28-Jun4th 2006. My experience at the hotel would be best described as nuetral. There were several issues upon arrival which were fixed, but nonetheless frustrating since we were jet-lagged and just wanted to wind-down and relax.

Negatives:

1. We booked a junior suite through Expedia. When we got there, they tried to give us a double and insisted that is what we reserved even though I had paper in hand showing my reservation and resevration # booked MONTHS in advance.

2. They eventually gave us a junior after photo copies and conversations back and forth with the manager and the desk clerk, but the Junior Suite was rather small and had a shower head that sprayed water everywhere. Also, the room was run down, had a terrible view and downright had a haunted and creepy feel to it.

3. They gave us another room with a view of the Thames but the room was again, run down and the climate control was inoperable. We settled with this room since we were aggravated and just wanted to unpack and rest.

4. The concierge (all of them) were unhelpful and referred to pamphlets from the "things to do" rack we could've read ourselves.

5. They kept playing the same spanish rumba music CD in the lobby and hallways over and over again for 7 days on the hour every hour. It got very annoying and was almost to the point of torture.

6. The maids would re-make the room every day but sometimes would not leave fresh washcloths one day, or clean towels another. Service was very spotty.

7. Breakfast - food was very good, but certain waitresses (2) had mental lapses and you would have to ask 3-5 times before they would bring extra tea, toast or water. Other waiters and waitresses picked up the slack but it was bothersome and sometimes took 20-30min to get your drink re-filled.

Positives:

1. Location - 1 block from the underground railroad and youcould walk to most major attractions if your feet can keep up.

2. Afternoon Tea - excellent pastries, finger sandwiches and champagne upon request. Very relaxing.

3. Restaurant (Dinner)- others said in their reviews that the food was so so. I found it to be excellent and the nigh help was attentive and recommended good drinks to go along with the main course. The Chatteau Briand for two was top 10 on best meals I've had outisde the 48 states.

Overall I was unimpressed and would probably try another hotel next time in London due to the dissapointment in the room condition, concierge, spotty room service. The money spent on this hotel can probably be better spent at a hotel with cleaner rooms and better service.

• Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank Captben31
A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary, AB
Reviewed June 12, 2006

After a few problems which were handled immediately by courteous staff we had a wonderful stay. The breakfast buffet was exceptional. The hotel is so well located you can walk to so many venues. The rooms are large by European standards and most comfortable. The ones with the view of the Thames are the best. I would, without question, stay at this hotel again. The cost of the rooms are very very reasonable given the stature of the hotel - it is truly beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2006

We had a very short break in London the weekend of 3/4 June and found the hotel to be excellent! We had found the best rate was through the hotel's own website. Our room was very big and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was super - the shower was wonderful - very powerful!! Breakfast was plentiful and catered for every taste.
Will stay there again.