Stayed here three nights on a winning Priceline bid of $100 a night. The hotel was easy to find near the Embankment tube stop. It is in the middle of Whitehall along the Thames (which means it is very quite on weekends when the government shuts down). It is about a 10 min walk to either Soho/West End or Parliament. The hotel is in a charming old building. The public areas are nice with a big fire and cozy chairs. Upon checkin I was offered an upgrade for 20 GBP, which I declined. The room given was a decent size, clean, nicely decorated, with a firm but comfortable bed (some might find it too hard). The bathroom was also a good size and nicely appointed, with the singificant exception of paint peeling off the ceiling in places. Other than that, this a nice hotel in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England