My husband and I have stayed at The Royal Horseguards on a number of occasions during the past 10 years. When we first encountered it in the late '90s, it was sorely in need of upgrading and repair. During our most recent visit, we noted that the hotel is under new management and perhaps the nicest place we've stayed in central London. The Royal Horseguards now boasts a full range of modern amenities to include air-conditioned rooms (all rooms are now non-smoking), flat screen TVs in both room and bathroom, WiFi and newly refurbished appointments throughout. Under the previous proprietorship the service and attitude of the hotel staff left a lot to be desired, but the change in management appears to have done wonders for the quality of the establishment and the level of service. Our room overlooked the Thames and the London Eye as requested by email (although this was not guaranteed). Breakjfast was included and consisted of standard English fare and, while not spectacular, was more than adequate for the business traveler. (The staff was gracious enough to allow us to conduct small business meetings during breakfast.) The location has always been excellent for travelers doing business with the UK government, as well as for tourists. Based upon this experience, we will be choosing The Horseguards again for our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England