A friend and I stayed at the Royal Horseguards for four nights the last weekend in May and found it wonderful. The location is excellent, just a short block from the Embankment Tube stop. From reading other reviews it seems we were lucky to get a nice view of the Thames. Our room was large by European standards and included tea, a small refrigerator and 2 bathrobes. Interestingly, the bathrobes had large anti-theft tags stuck on them.
We had a special rate for the weekend, not including breakfast, of 110 GBP per night. I thought that was very reasonable given the level of the hotel. The concierge made a very good recommendation for dinner on our last night taking into consideration our specific requirements. For my first trip to London this was an excellent hotel and I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England