My partner and I spent 4 nights at the Royal Horsguards Hotel, having booked one of their 'Royal' rooms, and found the décor to be refined and quite pleasing, the beds supremely comfortable and the room spacious. Our request for feather pillows was addressed quickly by the Housekeeping staff.
The first night the air-conditioning broke down and the maintenance staff person could not repair it, although he did clean the filter which was obviously in great need of such. Our room was changed that next day and, again, we found the air-conditioning to be problematic in this room as well. The maintenance person was again summoned and he also enlisted the assistance of the maintenance manager. The filter in this room was also in dire need of cleaning and, once this was done, the A/C worked perfectly in this room.
Breakfast was buffet-style, being quite extensive and plentiful, although the breakfast staff seemed somewhat frazzled each morning because of the fast pace required of them.
Again, to touch upon the décor of the hotel, we found it to be of exceptionally high quality throughout.
We had occasion to interact with the Guest Relations Manager, Mr. Matthias Kussner, regarding an 'incident', of which he not only resolved expeditiously and professionally to our satisfaction, but he also graciously invited us to partake of afternoon tea in the hotel lounge which we accepted and thoroughly enjoyed. A gesture of a truly higher quality establishment.
Our only critique would be that the Maintenance Department should perform routinely scheduled cleaning of the rooms' A/C filters, which was obviously not being done.
We found the overall experience in this hotel to be very positive and, once the A/C problem had been resolved and we were able to regulate the A/C to a comforting cooler temperature, which I require, we would have been quite content to have our abbreviated stay extended indefinitely.
We LOVE the Royal Horseguards Hotel!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England