The Arch London(London)
  • Pool
$188
$181
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

$249
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $317/night.

Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$105
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$279
$260
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$180
$116
$259
$243
5,155 results
All reviewslondon eyeembankment tube stationtrafalgar squareriver viewroyal horse guardsheated floorsdowning streetbig benafternoon teaheated towel rackunderfloor heatingbeautiful hotelcharing crossstar hotelcovent gardenturn down servicemajor attractions
Reviewed April 29, 2009

If you want to save money on buses, subways, taxis etc. and instead spend that money on a first rate hotel, do it! This hotel is located smack dab in the middle of the best area of London. Go. Stay here. You will NOT be disappointed! Guaranteed!! Rooms first rate. Service, first rate. Location, first rate. Took my wife here for her 40th Bday. We walked from the Tower Of London back to this hotel. If we can do it, so can you. I can't stress this enough....... STAY @ ROYAL!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Had a to plan a trip to London, for a concert.
Me and my mate looked for several places and ending up getting The Royal Horseguards as a Top secret Hotel through Lastminute.com.
**For those who don't know, lastminute.com offer you on your dates you've selected a hotel that don't know roughly where it is but not the name and star of the hotel at discount prices. After you book you receive a e-mail with your hotel name.**
I have to admit it may not of been our first choice but the location is good.
I got the hotel for £75 for me and my girlfriend for 1 night, where it was nearly double with booking it with them.
When we arrived as we both bought the room separately we checked in and I got a room with a view of the thames and the london eye. The decor was a bit old fashion for my liking, but i'm not knocking the hotel if thats your taste then fine. The room was clean and spacious. The Bathroom was quite big and clean.
I didn't try the food there so i can't comment.
The staff were really quick and helpful.
I'm not sure i would return but saying that (as I'm posting this 2 years after my stay) I have been informed and checked out the website www.theroyalhorseguards.co.uk, The hotel has been completely vamped up into a very modern hotel.
So I may actually consider staying here again if the website is anything to go by.
So check back i may have a rating in the near future.
I can't really give it an overall score, Seems though with the revamp it looks good for the Royal Horseguards.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fissy1983
Reviewed April 25, 2009

We booked four Royal Double bedrooms (with view of the river) for one night, in celebration of a silver wedding anniversary celebration on Tuesday 21st April. The whole hotel is in pristine condition and our bedrooms were no exception, on the 5th and 6th floor, beautiful and spacious with very high ceilings. We specifically booked this hotel because it was close to the theatres, had excellent reviews on tripadvisor, and because it had been recently refurbished, and we definitely made the right choice!

The whole guest experience has really had a lot of thought put into it. Our rooms all had air-conditioning, mini bar, tea/coffee tray + biscuits, safe, iron + ironing board, lovely new bathroom with tv, heated floor and towel rail. Excellent shower pressure! Things such as lighting, televisions, ipod speaker, may seem cryptic but are accompanied by clear instuctions. TV has loads of channels, including sky sports, not just the freeview ones. Love the little electronic sign outside the door which is operated from inside the room (Do not disturb/ Make up our room), and the door buzzer!! Without wanting to give away too much, there are lots of lovely small touches which really make staying there special.

We ate in the hotel restaurant for lunch on the day of arrival. Had the set menu (choice of 2/3 dishes for each course, £20 ish for two courses) and the food was delicious. Smoked salmon or tomato soup for starter, salmon benedict or beef medallions for main, sticky toffee pud, pannacotta or cheese for dessert. Not ground-breaking but not pretentious either and very good for 1 AA Rosette. The german girl in-charge of the restaurant was also very good. Ate in the bar after returning from the theatre (sandwiches and chips etc), which was also to a high standard. Breakfast is a buffet, which we prefer, although tea/coffee and toast are served to the table. I would have liked to have been left a whole pot of tea so we could help ourselves rather than having to ask the waiting staff each time we wanted a cup!

I used the fitness room, which was perfectly adequate, two treadmills, two bikes, one cross trainer, a rower, and most important, big flat screen TV! The equipment is a bit dated but works. Again, another thoughtful touch to have complimentary bottles of chilled water in the gym fridge.

The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful, sorting out any problems we had immediately, and overall, I couldn't recommend this hotel enough. Yes, it is quite expensive, but worth it and although I haven't stayed at the top London hotels (which cost an additional £100+ a night and have more staff loitering to cater for the more "high-maintenance" guests as in the Ritz where we had tea), it is hard to see how the Royal Horseguards could be bettered!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
HotelLondon, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2009

Thank you for your positive feedback on the TripAdvisor homepage subsequent to your recent stay at The Royal Horseguards Hotel.

We were most delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Customer feedback is avaluable source for future improvements of our service standards and we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views on the TripAdvisor website.

Reviewed April 19, 2009

My mom & I spent 7 nights at the Royal Horseguards and everything about it was fabulous beyond belief. Several times my mom kept saying, "I feel like a queen" and that is how the staff made us feel. I've stayed at 5 other hotels in London and this one has now got me as a permanent customer for future visits. Our twin room (#508) was nearly perfect with huge windows, beautiful decor, 10 or 12-foot-high ceilings, immaculately clean, and a large, modern bathroom I wish I could have transported home with me. Initially, I hesitated booking this hotel because, although I have always wanted to stay there, the price was a bit high for my budget. Now I can honestly say that this experience was worth every penny and more. Our time in London was 10 times more special because we chose this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank 2BinGB

Guest Relations
The Royal Horseguards Hotel

Reviewed April 16, 2009

Lovely, elegant hotel in quiet and great location. No criticisms. Room overlooking river and London Eye had a cosy attic feel and was just large enough. Renovations included electronic "Do not disturb/ Please make up my room" sign in corridoor activated by a button in the room! We dined in the Restaurant "One 21 two" on our first evening with friends and had a quality meal with great service in an elegant dining room.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pedro1874

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback on the Tripadvisor homepage.

We were delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay at the Royal Horseguards Hotel.

Customer feedback is a valuable source for future improvements, so we would like to say thank for taking the time to share your views on the Tripadvisor webpage.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Royal Horseguards Hotel in London.

Best regards,