Just returned from a weeks stay in London. Booked this hotel through American Airlines package and couldn't be happier. We were travelling with a child so requested a triple. Our first room was fine, but smallish with no view. We checked at the front desk and for 20 pounds per night we were upgraded to a beautiful room with 2 french doors providing Thames River view looking at bridge and the London Eye. Bathroom was big, with separate tub/shower and heated towel rack.
Rooms contained a minibar, laptop access, tv, iron/board, 3 phones, etc. All the comforts of home. We had a king bed and a sofa bed for the child which was fine. Continental breakfast was included which had all kinds of fruit, pastries, cereal, cheese, coldcuts. There was a full breakfast available, but we were fine with this.
This is an older, historic building which has been refurbished and is charming. There is a lounge off the main lobby with a piano player every night. Very relaxing to sit and have tea or whatever.
The location is great. One minute to the Embankment tube stop and Charing Cross Railroad Station. You are 5 minutes walking distance to Trafalagar Square, 10 minutes to Covent Garden, 15 minutes to Leicester and Picadilly Square. You can walk across the bridge and be at the London Eye in 10 minutes and all the attractions on that side of the river. Don't waste your money on expensive cabs. Go to the Embankment Tube stop and buy a pass. There is an assitance desk to get tickets and they will give you advice/map on how to get all over the city. It is very easy and cost effective so don't be put off. You can be just about anywhere in under 20 minutes.
There are many good restaurants in walking distance, so don't confine yourself to the hotel. Enjoy- you won't be sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England