Ten years ago while staying at the Thistle Charing Cross London (now Guoman), I met a British couple at dinner that recommended the Horseguards. Well - ten years later and I just stayed there with my boyfriend after a complete refurbishment of the hotel. It is lovely! Our room was up in the eaves of the hotel: 8th floor, room 838, king bed, views of Big Ben in one direction, London Eye, and Charing Cross/Bankside out the others; 3 views in all. I believe the hotel was nearly full when I booked a month out because only the non-executive rooms were available. I understand that other rooms have more generous views with french doors etc, however - our room was charming, full of character and we loved it! The interior design was classy, inviting, and room well-appointed. French Press coffee in the room, Royal Doulton china and such a nice and responsive housekeeping staff. I will also mention that the hotel guests were also nice, polite and (while eavesdropping at breakfast) all very content with their choice. Breakfast was super and filling; powered us through all of our days till dinner. We did not want to leave and will definitely stay there again. As the hotel is very historic, we would have liked to had an all-access tour of the building and would have paid to do so. Located so close to Embankment Tube and Westminster also!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England