While the lobby, bar and restaurant all have that chic London feel, the rooms most certainly don't - pokey, dark, and small beds.
However the bigger challenge is the service. All very nice and welcoming, just not very competent. Initially I was given a twin instead of the double I booked, then they rectified that by putting me into a room that barely had room for the double but literally no natural light, then they failed to honour the late checkout they promised, I couldn't raise anyone on the phone to help with the heavy bags (that have to be carried down a flight of stairs), and they completely forgot to book my car to the airport meaning it was all a last minute panic. Hardly what you expect from a 5 star hotel experience.
However you can't beat the location and it's pretty reasonable value, just a shame they can't get the basics right
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England