Excellent stay at The Royal Horseguards hotel which was very conveniently located in Whitehall Place, within easy walking distance of Trafalgar Square, Houses of Parliament, South Bank etc
Reception service was excellent and the young male receptionist was extremely helpful, accommodating our request for a 'Room with a View' and printing off our boat trip passes which we had omitted to do.
Breakfast was ok but perhaps a little more explanation was required of the menu, eg no-one pointed out that some items had to be ordered (hash browns, porridge etc!)
We had afternoon tea in the lounge - quite nice but not overwhelming. It would have been nice to have been offered fresh tea. Scones were more like biscuits but overall we would stay again at the price we paid through Great Hotel Breaks.
It was our anniversary and we had a little platter with some petit fours and sweets as a welcome gift - a nice touch
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England