I stayed two nights here in mid May 2008. The hotel is your typical city hotel that tries to maintain a regal atmosphere. The room was surprisingly large for a city room (I used to live in NYC, so I'm used to very cramped city quarters).
Amenities in the room were very nice - heated towel rack (took me a while to figure out the switch for it was outside the bathroom, but in chilly London, this is a nice-to-have), tea / coffee / hot cocoa maker, hair dryer, etc. I was able to get breakfast included with the rate. The buffet is a great way to start your day. The hotel is in a great location for sightseeing, and the nearby tube stops (one block away) can get you anywhere. Parliament, the park, Big Ben, Westminster, etc., are all just a few blocks away. Head in the other direction, and again, a walk gets you to the theaters, restaurants, etc.
There are two bridges to the other side of the Thames, which afford you some beautiful picture-taking opportunities.
If you are determined to ride the London Eye (I did not), it is right across the bridge and very convenient to the hotel.
The only negative for the hotel was the HVAC unit seemed to either make the room too hot or too cold. Otherwise, everything was just fine. The front desk staff were very helpful and efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England