“Not enough adjectives!”

The Royal Horseguards
Ranked #114 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 17, 2013

So happy with our choice of this hotel. Perfect location....well equipped room, fabulous service. High Tea was impeccable, had one dinner in the dining room pre theatre...excellent. Just an all around great experience.

Room Tip: We had an upper floor overlooking the river and a park...I can't imagine a better room...altho a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelLondon, Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

It is always an absolute pleasure to be able to share such great reviews with the entire team. I was very pleased to read that you were extremely happy with the choice you made in choosing to stay with us and that you found the room to be perfectly equipped.

I know our staff always take great pride when they receive comments about the excellent service provided and the Lounge team will be very happy to hear that you highlighted them unparticular with regards to the impeccable High Tea.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future so we can offer you another great experience!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We are staying here as part of tour. The building is beautiful and the service has been excellent. The room is a bit small for a family of three. But comfortable. It's located in the middle of it all. We got here a day early and were able to enjoy the free time exploring London on our own. The conceirge was very helpful,the front desk always on top of things.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Parme1
HotelLondon, Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your great comments following your recent stay with us, I was pleased to read that your free time was enjoyable and that the location of the hotel enabled you to explore London on your own.

Due to the listed nature of the building are rooms do vary in sizes which does in itself make the hotel unique. One of our team would be more than happy to show you some of larger rooms for your next stay, which would hopefully make your stay all the more comfortable.

I will make sure that your kind words regarding the Front Desk and Concierge are shared with the teams as I know they greatly appreciate receiving great feedback from our guests.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future to The Royal Horseguards Hotel.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

A truly lovely hotel, with a relaxed atmosphere for afternoon tea. Unfortunately, not as professional as it could have been. The reduction by one and an extra vegetarian option that I had rung through the previous week had not been passed on. As you'd expect, tea is poured for you, but the tea strainer is taken away with drips coming from it and no bowl underneath to catch them. My teacup had a chip where you drink, but luckily I changed it for the spare cup (the place that I had cancelled was still set at the table). The sandwiches and cakes were good, but not outstanding. Despite reassurances prior to booking, the diabetic option for sugar-free cakes was poor. Mainly fresh fruit, a pot of nuts and just two small sugar-free scones - we were led to believe this would be a selection of sugar-free cakes. The staff were lovely, but seemed to be fairly stretched as it was very busy. Sadly, the final straw came at the end. We paid but didn't leave the full 12.5% DISCRETIONARY service charge. A waitress came over and queried it!! I would have loved to have given this a better review, but it doesn't quite come up to the standard of the afternoon tea that we have had at one of the big London hotels which was not that much more expensive. I wonder if the 25% offer that we had was something to do with this. Shame, but we won't be booking this again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 365Travelbug365
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked afternoon tea at Royal Horseguards as an anniversary treat for us, and it was just lovely.
On a Friday afternoon, the lounge was fairly full but quiet and relaxing, and the friendly staff were attentive and helpful.
We had the champagne tea. The tables were beautifully set and we were invited to select from a wide menu of teas. I had the recommended in-house blend "Strawberries and Cream" which was just perfect. The champagne was good and sandwiches were delicate, but surprisingly filling. The confections served with them were delicious, and charmingly presented. And the scones, cream and strawberry preserve which followed were equally lovely.
I left feeling that I'd had a real treat, and pleasantly full of champagne and baked goodies! Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed many times before. Had lovely suite overlooking Thames, London Eye, towards Shard.
Executive king Suite very roomy and well equipped. Got back from Trooping the Colour on Saturday and alas we couldn't get lunch .. Saying restaurant full and they were fully booked for afternoon tea, but it was only 1pm .. We could have had a wine and sandwich and be clear for tea time. Breakfast good, didn't have buffet but freshly cooked Eggs Benedict and omelette.

Room Tip: Must have one overlooking the Thames
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

It’s always nice to have a review from one of our regular guests. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your Suite overlooking the Thames and London Eye and that the Eggs Benedict for breakfast was to your liking.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the restaurant and lounge, I know that during the weekend of the Trooping of the Colour both the Restaurant and Lounge served approximately double the number of guests compared to a normal weekend, however I can assure you that we do take all comments seriously and that’s yours have been passed on to the Food and Beverage manager to address accordingly.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back once again to The Royal Horseguards Hotel soon

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This has now been our second time at the Royal Horseguards. We were blown away by pretty much every aspect of this hotel! When we arrived at the front door we were greeted by very welcoming doormen.

From the moment we arrived at this stunning hotel we were made to feel like royalty. Our cases were taken from us from concierge and had arrived to our room just as we did.

The room was stunning and what a view!! Facing south, overlooking the Thames and the London Eye, the room was truly incomparable. What else can I say? Bed was comfortable, bathroom was nicely appointed, with a tv over the bath. The decor throughout the hotel is fascinating - elegant, glamorous, and gracious. But that view... ah, that view!

Other benefits to this hotel include the variety of dining options on-site and close-by, and the fact that you are walking distance from pretty much everything you want to see if you only have 2 days to 1 week in London. We had a gorgeous evening meal in the hotel, One Twenty One Two Restaurant.

The breakfast every morning never failed us with fantastic choice and was very fresh. A truly amazing experience overall and will continue to return to this lovely hotel...... Now my personal favourite!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GMO4KMO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your second stay with us. It is fantastic to hear directly from our guests that they were made to feel at home from the moment they arrive outside the hotel.

I was very pleased to hear that you found your room to be stunning and benefiting from an incredible view which as you put it was ‘truly incomparable’.

I know that the entire team will be over the moon to read your kind comments and will ensure that this is shared with them. We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon to your new favourite London Hotel!

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here on numerous occasions and this is by far the best hotel I've stayed in. Everything is top notch , the location , the rooms,the beds and pillows are so comfy, food, staff , oh and the cocktails in the bar, you must try the Russian Spring Punch. The only thing I miss is that on my first few stays here you always got a chocolate on your pillow at night which you don't anymore , this was a nice touch ,especially for a chocoholic .
This is the only hotel I will stay at on my visits to London. Fab Hotel !

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for posting such an incredible review following your most recent stay with us! It is absolutely fantastic to hear that you rate us as the ‘Best Hotel’ you’ve ever stayed in and that you found everything from the beds, food and the staff to the incredible.

We are really looking forward to you returning to us in the not too distant future so you can indulge in a few more Russian Spring Punches.