My husband and I spent a week in London and were fortunate to stay at The Royal Horseguards.
We were upgraded to an executive king room which was on the back and overlooked the Thames. We were directly across the river from the London Eye which was especially lovely after dark. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. There was a case of grooming essentials, such as a razor with shaving lotion, toothbrush and toothpaste, etc. There were also the usual shampoos, etc. All-in-all, it was a very nicely appointed room!
The location of the hotel is perfect!! We walked everywhere!! Parliament/Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, National Gallery as well as so many other sights are an easy walk away. The Embankment subway station is just up the block. We really enjoyed Sherlock Holmes pub for a cold drink at the end of the day which was just around the corner.
We didn't really eat in the restaurant (we had only toast and coffee), but we did have a couple of nightcaps in the bar. We were very well looked after in a lovely setting.
The staff at the Horseguards are constantly on watch to make sure the guests are looked after. They were always polite and friendly.
I really can't think of anything negative to say, which is odd for me!! I will gladly stay at this hotel again and highly recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England