I got a great sale rate straight from the hotel's own website and booked a two night stay. From the stunning architecture of the building, the sumptuous decor, the friendly service, the quality furnishings, pristine cleanliness, not to mention the line-up of Elemis products in the bathroom, to the location (Embankment station), this was a great choice. Right across the river from the London Eye, on the doorstep of Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, Big Ben, a few tube stops to the theatre district and Covent Garden, there were loads of landmarks and must-see locations within walking distance. It is a high-end, luxury hotel and the special price I paid does take into account my review. Check-in was friendly and efficient. Bed was extremely comfortable and the room was classy and spacious. Underfloor heating in the bathroom and the pressure of the overhead shower nearly blasts you into the river Thames! Free WI-FI, in-room safe, slippers, towelling robes, iron, ironing board and controls for heating and lighting. Forget 'Do not Disturb' signs, they have electronic ones. Didn't eat-in as expensive. Drinks are too. Two cocktails with added service fee came to just under £30. If you get a special rate, go for it, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England