Me and my partner stayed here on New Years Eve and the location of the hotel is excellent! Just a few steps away from Embankment tube station and even less distance to the London Eye! Check in was very smooth and staff are excellent, they also mentioned they have a terrace we could view the fireworks on if we didn't want to go outside which was a nice touch.
We stayed in a deluxe double which was very spacious and the bathroom was gorgeous with the added bonus of underfloor heating! The only downside of the room was the view (or lack of!) on looking out the window all we had to look at was a concrete wall and other peoples windows! Would have been nice to know what the view would be like so we could have paid for a better room with view.
To eat we ordered room service which came from the restaurant One Twenty One Two and it was delicious! Next time in London i will have to visit the restaurant for a proper meal!
Overall it is an excellent hotel with a location that cannot be beaten and i think i will certainly be booking again at the end of this year too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England